PDA

View Full Version : Blood on toilet paper but not in stool, and other bowel symptoms

FluffyDog00
16-07-16, 22:00
Hi, I'm 13 years old, and I've been having an issue for about a year now that hasn't gotten any better or worse. I bleed from my anus, and my anus tends to itch after a bowel movement. But the blood is only on my toilet paper, and not my stool. I'm worried that it might be colon cancer, but I don't have many of the symptoms and I'm a bit underage to have colon cancer. I've learned to live with this condition for a long time (about a year), but I'm still worried about it.

EDIT: Also sometimes I see tiny stuff in my stool, but other than that the poop looks normal.

debs71
16-07-16, 23:04
Hi,

Please try not to worry too much about this. I know it is scary to see blood on toilet paper, but more often than not it is not a sign of something serious. It is usually due to a tiny tear in the anus from having a poop, usually caused my some straining....sometimes even a little bit of pushing and strain can cause this.

As for the itching, this could be because of a number of things - either constipation or loose stools can cause an itchy bottom, the little tears that I mentioned also or even just plain old dry skin, the same as you can get anywhere else on your body.

Have you spoken to anyone at home about this, hon? There are creams that you can get that can help the itching, and a number of other things that can help with the other stuff too. How is your fiber intake? Increasing fiber will help your bowel movements which in turn may help your issues.

This sound to me very much like a solveable problem (I have suffered the same myself!) x

I forgot to add that drinking more water will also help things!

FluffyDog00
17-07-16, 00:59
Thanks! I've actually lived with this for about a year and I've gotten pretty used to it. It hasn't changed at all. But thanks for the comforting information!

MyNameIsTerry
17-07-16, 06:21
It could also be roids. They cause itching & soreness as well as seeping onto your underwear and mucus can be been in the bowl.

If you have been under stress and you are straining to go the toilet, or even going too much, you can cause roids.

It's nothing to worry about though and you can get creams or suppositories for it. But I would talk to your mum about this too, they will understand these types of things as many people get them. Roids are also very common during pregnancy so your mum may have had them herself.

I wouldn't think cancer about this situation, you've had it a year and you probably know cancer doesn't improve, it worsens so after a year you would be ill from that.

If you are under pressure at school, this could be why you are having issues like this so its worth talking to your parents and getting some support. School years are hard, and despite the many adults who will trot out the old saying 'make the most of it, it's the easiest time of your life', adult life can be much easier!

Pearly queen
17-07-16, 18:16
Hi, if it helps I had a very similar experience and assumed it was haemorrhoids, I got the doctor to check. Embarrassing yes but it was over quickly and of course remember doctors don't give doing this kind of examination a thought. I actually found out I have skin tags ( not haemorrhoids) which in turn can cause difficulty getting clean and in turn cause itching and maybe even a little blood on the tissue. I was prescribed a steroid cream but honestly dousing with the shower head to make sure the area is super clean and a little castor oil have solved the problem for me. Hope that helps.