PDA

View Full Version : Hi

AnxiousChap
17-07-16, 04:24
So, I'm new to the site and haven't ever really gone in for the whole forum thing. I suppose I feel I'm "putting myself out there" and opening myself up to criticism. But, if nothing changes, then nothing changes. Right? A little about me. I'm a life-long sufferer of anxiety/panic and wasn't diagnosed until 1996 (33). Tried Paxil, Zoloft, Xanax XR and now Lexapro. Not sure any have made much of a positive difference. Maybe it's all just in my head? Anyhoo, thanks for reading and I look forward to interacting more on the site in hopes of finding ways to a better life and maybe to contribute in some way.

Cheers,
B

venusbluejeans
17-07-16, 04:53
Hiya AnxiousChap and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
17-07-16, 10:39
Good morning AnxiousChap. I felt the same way you do about "putting myself out there" when I first discovered NMP. But I will say this site and the people on it have been nothing but respectful to whatever I've put out there. Like yourself I'm a longtime anxiety sufferer and for a very long time I kept my condition to myself, my doctors, and my wife.

NMP has given me a place vent to my feelings and worries, and those who have responded have been very honest and supportive. On most sites you run into trolls, but here I've experienced no such problem. My hope is as you explore and discuss here, you'll find this site and it's members as helpful as I have. So welcome and best to you AnxiousChap on your journey.

AnxiousChap
18-07-16, 13:40
Hi fduop. I appreciate the kind welcome and words of encouragement.

Thanks,
B

ThomasSol
18-07-16, 20:04
Hello there , I to signed up here just 2 nights ago after my last serious panic attack..
I can neither confirm nor deny there being any trolls since I have not interacted much, but from the posts I have read this seems like a very nice place and loads of honest ppl on here.
Hope to talk ta you soon
Thomas