PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety over tonsils/tonsillitis

sleepingbeauty23
17-07-16, 12:53
Hi everyone,

So I've been stressed all weekend about my tonsils and tonsillitis.

I got back from 6 weeks overseas 2 weeks ago, and 2 days after I arrived home I was diagnosed with tonsillitis. I had a few days off work because the doctor said it was a severe case. I took my antibiotics for 10 days as prescribed, but 2 days after finishing them the tonsillitis was back just as bad as the first time! I went to the doctor who took a throat swab and prescribed me more antibiotics but not stronger ones. It has now been 2 days of having tonsillitis again.

I'm just concerned because I'm a non-smoker and non-drinker and I have noticed that I have a lump in front my left tonsil (right in the pictures) that wasn't there when I was looking at my tonsils 6 months ago because I had the feeling I had food stuck and was trying to see if there was food stuck. I've had 3 doctors look in my mouth when diagnosing tonsillitis and none of them have said anything about the lump.

I'm just concerned since the tonsillitis has come back, that the lump could be a sign of something more sinister?

I have links to pictures but can't post them as my post count isn't high enough yet so IM me if you want to see what I'm talking about.