PDA

View Full Version : Keep thinking I've swallowed things that i havent

Sharice
17-07-16, 21:22
Hi
I've had health anxiety ,ocd and depression for 8 yrs now and have always had paranoia about people contaminating food drinks etc but the last 6months or so I'm getting obsessed with thinking I've swallowed things from leaves and bits off trees to needles,bleach anything you can think of.this is now happening on a daily basis and I can't cope anymore .I've Google safety data sheet sprang company's rang Dr's today's drama is a needle because I found a pack of needles in my cupboard and ones missing meaning I've got to have eaten it -any advice or help would be much appreciated

Bearinmind
19-07-16, 14:46
You have a clear case of paranoia. What meds to you take? They can cause some increased paranoia symptoms.

In one of my bouts of anxiety I had the paranoia that I had swallowed needles or toothpicks, or that I had let small wood splinter get inside my bloodstream, even went to the ER because of that. It lasted for 1 month in my case. It went away when I comprehended that small foreign objects in your body are hardly life threatening. I kept thinking that a pointy object would get to my heart and damage it, or that my digestive system would be perforated like a Swiss cheese and I would die of bleeding. The thing is, even if you have swallowed those objects, to not perceive it on the spot means it's a small object (like a needle) and these object are almost never big enough to do any substantial damage, it's not life threatening, even more if it's organic material like wood, leaves or paper, on these types, you body can destroy them on its own.