PDA

View Full Version : please help! Need advice!

Bananaworry
18-07-16, 14:18
So I'm in a bit of a pickle. My anxiety is so bad at the moment and we are about to close on a new house tomorrow so we have one to day to pull out if necessary! The thing is I usually have health anxiety and this is related to house worries. The area we are buying in apparently has a higher incidence of robberies - which I found out about after the offer. Now I have also found out the area around the estate has snakes. Brown snakes! For those of you not in Australia they are the second most deadly in the world. It's quite unlikely to be bitten, however, still advised not to go near them. I know the chances are low for both however, I'm freaking out. I'm surprised as this is in an urban area. I guess I want advice as to if this is normal or am I just being over- anxious. I actually feel sick about buying this house... We loved it when we walked through but I feel like the more I know the more I'm worried.

jonowalks
18-07-16, 21:19
You're definitely overly anxious about it.

It's natural for the anxious mind to find something, anything to worry about and the more you think about the house, the more you find something to be concerned about. It's absolutely normal to be apprehensive about things, such a higher crime rate or snakes but it shouldn't affect your decision making to a massively high degree.

I say go for it! It might just be the best thing you'll ever do.

misslove
19-07-16, 04:58
We are in the same process and it is scary. But if you love the house I say go for it. Your house can be sealed from snakes and other critters. As for robberies get an alarm system or a few large dogs. We have a lab and even tho he's not agresseive he will bark to let us know anyone is out there. And I'm sure if our daughter was ever in trouble he would bite someone to protect his sister! Take the plunge and enjoy your new house!