PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else struggling in the heat ?

Buster70
18-07-16, 18:26
Hi there, been doing ok recently but the last two days have been realy hard , I'm away down the coast in a tin box ( static caravan ) I suffer with asthma and today has been aweful by 10.30 it fet like there was no air which brought on a it of asthma and a hell of a lot of panic or maybe the other way round got to a state where I thought of calling an ambulance , found some shade and had my inhaler and after a couple of hours it eased up but left me realy anxous and wiped out , dreading tomorrow at its hottest there is No escaping it where I am , I'm more of a rain worshiper than sun any one else having a tough time of it , thanks

Shazamataz
18-07-16, 22:19
Hey Buster, winter here so not an issue right now, but over summer when I first got really bad I found the heat really increased my anxiety.

Hopefully you'll get some rain soon!

Mojo61
18-07-16, 22:30
I've got my air conditioning unit going and it's lovely and cold here. I'm going to sleep downstairs on the sofa tonight so I can stay cool. Could you perhaps get a fan?

Magic
18-07-16, 23:12
Hot weather does not suit me at all, It's gone cooler tonight. Thank goodness:shades:

Phill2
19-07-16, 02:53
It is winter here,the temperature is going to be 25c today which is lovely.I don't like the heat it gets over 45c here where I live.

I'm in QLD too but luckily on the beach.
The humidity is what gets me.
25 is really hot in England but pretty mild here.

MyNameIsTerry
19-07-16, 05:07
Yeah, 25 is our summer! :biggrin:

Buster70
19-07-16, 07:15
Well I got told , 45' does that even happen supposed to be 32 today but it's a lot hotter in a caravan , went to the beach last night about 8 o'clock and it was lovely cool with a breeze , good to get a weather forcast from the other side of the world , do you think I could walk around a super market all day browsing the frozen food section , good to see you are still hanging in there shazmataz . Be cool .

MyNameIsTerry
19-07-16, 07:30
Well my dog spent most of yesterday lying about. He was constantly shifting around, he didn't know what to do with himself.

He still got up at treat time though. :woof:

Buster70
19-07-16, 07:44
Yeah looked like we had two dead dogs in the caravan at one point there was just a pair of legs sticking out from under the bed , puppy went mad on the beach later she loves the sand but is scared of the sea . Scorchio

Shazamataz
19-07-16, 07:49
Your pup looks happy on the beach!!

We had 34 degrees one day in the summer and I nearly died. I'd never cope with a hot climate.

MyNameIsTerry
19-07-16, 07:51
She might go in when she's more used to it. Some dogs just dive in and you can't get them out. It must look like it's got a life of it's own to her.

The sand must feel nice to them. A bit like the snow.

Mine heads for darker areas of the house to cool off in.

flipp
19-07-16, 09:48
I'm in QLD too but luckily on the beach.
The humidity is what gets me.
25 is really hot in England but pretty mild here.

Hi Phill::D
I live in Emerald QLD and it gets very hot,I have been looking at a property at Freshwater Point near Mackay.

---------- Post added at 18:48 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

Well I got told , 45' does that even happen supposed to be 32 today but it's a lot hotter in a caravan , went to the beach last night about 8 o'clock and it was lovely cool with a breeze , good to get a weather forcast from the other side of the world , do you think I could walk around a super market all day browsing the frozen food section , good to see you are still hanging in there shazmataz . Be cool .

Where I live Buster it does reach 45c,for days on end in summer.
Your dog looks like one of mine.:D.

busterrufus
20-07-16, 09:48
Do you feel the heat and sweat more generally with your anxiety? The heat just makes it worse. Can you dangle your feet in some cool water? Running cool water over the inside wrists helps too .

MyNameIsTerry
20-07-16, 10:00
I think you can feel anything more, Ruth. I found the weather affected me a fair bit and made my mood worse. When it gets cold, it would be a downer.

With this heat it will be making it more likely to become dehydrated too. You will certainly sweat more, everyone will not just those with anxiety.

It was very hot & sticky yesterday. It feels a bit better today though as there is some breeze.

I sleep during the day and my bedroom faces the sun (and we live near the top of a hill that overlooks the city) so it can get like an oven. When my sleep was suffering years ago, anything like this was a problem, as was noise, but you adapt after a while and as the anxiety decreases a bit, it gets easier to cope with things like this.

busterrufus
20-07-16, 11:10
Have you seen the self cooling mats for dogs? We,ve not tried one because our dog doesn't have a bed or regular spot to lie down, he just flops down anywhere , so it might be difficult to get him to use it . Might be good for some hot dogs?

MyNameIsTerry
20-07-16, 11:22
No, not heard of them. Will they go inside a bed or one of those dog cushions?

I'm sure mine would appreciate it so I'll have to have a look.

busterrufus
20-07-16, 11:30
I think so. There are various types and sizes. I saw them at a garden centre but they are cheaper and more choice on internet.

flipp
20-07-16, 11:52
I have cooling beds for my dogs(it is what you call my bed in the air conditioning)lol.I feel for you all over there,the heat must be quite hard on everyone.I can relate I do not cope well in the heat,even in winter it is warm in QLD I was in Mackay today and they had 96% humidity.
So stay cool :D
Karina x.

Buster70
20-07-16, 11:59
Well yesterday morning the forcast basically said the heat today is going to kill you ( well that's what I heard ) there was more of a sea breeze and it felt a lot cooler and bearable stayed in in the afternoon hottest bit , got so worked up the day before I have chest and back pain today for tensing up all day , just been out and it seems hotter today got a bit freaked out on a market that was packed and nobody seemed to be moving , dogs are flat out on the floor not the dog bed I bought yesterday , if the thunder storms hit this way I'll be out dancing and singing in my shorts , people were in the sea at 9.30 last night including my pup who thinks she will stop waves by barking at them , have a good day all .

fishman65
20-07-16, 19:59
For me anxiety feels worse in the heat but I'm sure it isn't in reality, the difference I think is our perception.

Buster70
20-07-16, 22:33
So this evening after a baking day it clouded over a bit I thought good time to drive to the super market when I got back there were floods around the caravans and large hail stones on the ground what the flip did I just miss , I do a rain dance and nothing but sun I nip out and the heavens open up , it is nice and cool tonight after the storm but kind of wish I'd shut the windows , it was a pretty good forcast .

MyNameIsTerry
20-07-16, 22:49
Sod's Law eh, Buster?!

I have an umbrella that seems to plug up clouds but if I didn't take it I would get drenched. :doh:

Phill2
21-07-16, 03:55
Hi Phill::D
I live in Emerald QLD and it gets very hot,I have been looking at a property at Freshwater Point near Mackay.

---------- Post added at 18:48 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

Where I live Buster it does reach 45c,for days on end in summer.
Your dog looks like one of mine.:D.

I live in Yeppoon
I've sold a lot of land to people from Emerald and Blackwater way trying to escape the heat.

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 ----------

My step daughter lives near Birdsville
She's had 53 at times

flipp
21-07-16, 04:57
It gets terribly hot in Birdsville.We go to Emu Park to stay with my ex's parents I like Yeppoon have looked on net at House's,it is a toss up between Mackay area or Rocky still undecided.I like Freshwater Point.

Phill2
21-07-16, 05:33
We live at Bangalee
You prolly don't know it but it's just 2 streets on the beach near the Capricorn Resort
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNoT7P6e4fM

flipp
21-07-16, 05:51
Is that North of Yeppoon?Or near Rosland Bay.I went to a wedding at a resort there years ago,don't know if it was called the Capricorn tho.

Phill2
21-07-16, 05:53
North of Yeppoon
Turn right at a big roundabout
Used to be Mercure Resort

flipp
21-07-16, 06:25
Yep I know it now,got really pissed on wild turkey and Jack Daniels that night I apparently told everyone to go and get f....lol.

---------- Post added at 15:25 ---------- Previous post was at 15:22 ----------

I only have a beer now.

Phill2
21-07-16, 06:35
They would have just thought you were a local.
Jack is my friend :yesyes:

MyNameIsTerry
21-07-16, 06:49
Yep I know it now,got really pissed on wild turkey and Jack Daniels that night I apparently told everyone to go and get f....lol.

Isn't that in the Citizenship test? :winks::D

Phill2
21-07-16, 07:03
Isn't that in the Citizenship test? :winks::D

Sure is but it must be XXXX in the test.
If you can drink that you can drink anything :winks:

MyNameIsTerry
21-07-16, 07:03
I think so. There are various types and sizes. I saw them at a garden centre but they are cheaper and more choice on internet.

I have cooling beds for my dogs(it is what you call my bed in the air conditioning)lol.I feel for you all over there,the heat must be quite hard on everyone.I can relate I do not cope well in the heat,even in winter it is warm in QLD I was in Mackay today and they had 96% humidity.
Karina x.

Thanks Ruth & Karina, I'll have a look into them.

Buster70
21-07-16, 11:56
You just got to love those place names did they just name some of them after the first thing they saw , friend of mine went to live in oz a few years back he met somone on line and just said I'm off sell all my belongings and house he'd never even met her I tried to warn him he might get hit with a shovel and buried in the outback probably in dead Brit creek , turns out she was for real and they got married and built a house with a pool , we used to get in a lot of trouble when we drank so chances are she will end up killing him , you might have seen him about 5'8 brown hair can of beer in his hand , few clouds and a breeze today , lovely .

MyNameIsTerry
21-07-16, 12:09
You just got to love those place names did they just name some of them after the first thing they saw , friend of mine went to live in oz a few years back he met somone on line and just said I'm off sell all my belongings and house he'd never even met her I tried to warn him he might get hit with a shovel and buried in the outback probably in dead Brit creek , turns out she was for real and they got married and built a house with a pool , we used to get in a lot of trouble when we drank so chances are she will end up killing him , you might have seen him about 5'8 brown hair can of beer in his hand , few clouds and a breeze today , lovely .

Yeah, the names are great, so natural. No PC farting about.

Could have been worse for your mate, Buster, she could have been a he. :winks:

---------- Post added at 12:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 ----------

Sure is but it must be XXXX in the test.
If you can drink that you can drink anything :winks:

Sounds like a drinking game involving the drip tray. :D

God, I remember those days of my youth. I remember one game where it went around in a circle with each person adding a new shot of a spirit or ale to a glass that you had to drink from. You didn't want to be at the end of that one when it's purple, fizzing and looks like something a bloke in a Hazmat suit would be handling. :yesyes:

---------- Post added at 12:09 ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 ----------

Karina x.

Thanks Ruth & Karina, I'll have a look into them.

Just bought one. It says we can use them too...:whistles:

Mojo61
21-07-16, 12:17
It's a bit cooler today thank goodness

flipp
21-07-16, 12:22

Hey Buster :D
Yep I think I spotted your mate having a rest under a billabong tree at deadman creek not far from where I live in the outback,pissed as a parrot he was,blabbing on about how his wife was threatening him with a shovel,i left him there to bake in the sun.:roflmao:

unsure_about_this
21-07-16, 13:01
I dont struggled well in this type of heat. Even though I have been to places where it been much hotter than this I dont suffer as much. At night I struggled a lot in the UK with it being too hot. even though when I been to Greeece it been 35c+ at night with no a/c in some of the apartments with stayed in, since we went self catering.

Buster70
21-07-16, 16:06
That's typical of England the wrong type of heat , we get every type of weather somtimes all in one day and we are not prepared for any of them , floods , melting roads , snow drifts , we just think it won't happen , I went to the galleries of justice once and saw the names carved in the walls of criminals sent to Australia as punishment now days they make them stay here as punishment , cooler day been out on my push bike for quite a nice ride and stopped off for an ice cream .

Phill2
23-07-16, 03:14
I've said it before but you guys messed up big time.
You should have left the convicts there and moved everyone else here :yesyes:

MyNameIsTerry
23-07-16, 05:11
I've said it before but you guys messed up big time.
You should have left the convicts there and moved everyone else here :yesyes:

Yeah, we've even got more snakes, rates and creepy crawlies...now they just wear suits and work in professions like politics, law, journalism, etc. :winks:

flipp
23-07-16, 05:35
We have them here too Terry.
NO Phill,leave em other there they could not handle our winters,too hot for em.:D

MyNameIsTerry
23-07-16, 05:55
We had so many we thought we would share. :biggrin:

That's what happens when the rich go over to colonise...you would have been better off with just the crims. :winks:

flipp
23-07-16, 06:17
I am half Aboriginal.My Father's ancestors were all Crim's :yesyes:

Buster70
23-07-16, 10:15
Back home today back in bricks and mortar just as bloody hot I'm going to sit in front of the fridge with the door open and put the tv in the kitchen till Autumn , I was supposed to move to oz in the seventies my dad wanted to go but mum didn't thank f&@k for that , still remember being in the back of a van with his mates who where going middle of the night all of them pissed including dad who was driving me about 8 years old big adventure no health and saftey back then , and no worries , take care all .

flipp
23-07-16, 11:05
Shame you didn't move hear Buster,it'a beautiful country.Yep life was easier back in the seventies I was in high school (mostly wagging)and smoking down by the river I remember dad and mum with all us kids on the tractor shit we had fun.Hope it gets cooler for you.:D.

fishman65
23-07-16, 14:34
I've got cousins in Oz after my grandmother's two sisters went there way back in the 20s I think. I'm sure it was Brisbane where they settled, will have to ask my Dad :)

flipp
24-07-16, 08:52
Brisbane is a lovely city.:D

MyNameIsTerry
24-07-16, 09:11
I am half Aboriginal.My Father's ancestors were all Crim's :yesyes:

This is one of the things I love about this place, speaking to people of all countries and learning from them. My life is pretty boring!

It's great to have so much diversity! And yet it just shows that people are just people no matter where they are from. I love that.

flipp
24-07-16, 10:21
Yep Terry,we all strive for the same things in life no matter what race of people we are.You won't learn too much from me...lol:D
Hope the weather is cooling off for you.

MyNameIsTerry
24-07-16, 10:28
You're kidding aren't you, Karina?!!! I've already learned your billiards name. :biggrin:

Yeah, it's nice here at the moment. Not too humid and a little breeze.

flipp
24-07-16, 10:46
:D Oh I forgot I told the world...lol. gotta laugh gotta laugh.
It is quite warm here tonight,I am cooking on the Barbie, snags,onions and corn on the cob,the rug rats are on the trampoline having a fight,my eldest is on the flying fox going across the dam not one of them are helping.:mad:

MyNameIsTerry
24-07-16, 10:50
You are cooking a Barbie?!!! Will you be having Ken for dessert? :biggrin:

What are snags? I think Phill has told me this before but I can't remember.

At least they are having fun, that's a good mood lifter for you...besides, there is always the washing up to give them. :winks:

What's the flying fox?

Phill2
24-07-16, 11:10
Snags are sausages
A flying fox us what some call a zip line
Uneducated Poms !!! :winks:

flipp
24-07-16, 11:12
Snags are sausages(cheap and nasty). The flying fox my father made before he passed for the kids,it is wires tired to two posts that go across the dam we have.
It has a pulley that swings you across,it has entertained not only the ankle biters but the adults as well.
Washing Up,you have to bribe the little buggers.

Yep it is a mood lifter watching them,I have the biggest smile,g own it is a beautiful night.:D

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:10 ----------

LOL...Phill.:D.

Phill2
24-07-16, 11:17
How are ya Flipp?
29 here today and bl@@dy humid with it :shades:

MyNameIsTerry
24-07-16, 11:22
Watch out, Phill, your PM wants us back in bed with you lot...and you know how we can't stop ourselves invading everything. :roflmao: We'll have heath & safety stickers on the side of all your crocs in no time!

When you said a damn, Karina, I thought you meant a massive one like the Hoover! I was thinking your dad must be Macgyver!

So, do I take that to mean there have been some drunken adults flying over it at times? :winks:

flipp
24-07-16, 11:23
Fitter than a Mallie bull, Phill:D
Been warm here too,weird weather for winter.

Phill2
24-07-16, 11:36
Brisbane is a lovely city.:D

I lived in Bris until I moved to Yeppoon 6 yrs ago.
Bris is too busy for me after living here :yesyes:

---------- Post added at 20:32 ---------- Previous post was at 20:31 ----------

Fitter than a Mallie bull, Phill:D
Been warm here too,weird weather for winter.

I just hope it doesn't mean we're going to get a hotter summer :scared15:

---------- Post added at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

Watch out, Phill, your PM wants us back in bed with you lot...and you know how we can't stop ourselves invading everything. :roflmao: We'll have heath & safety stickers on the side of all your crocs in no time!

When you said a damn, Karina, I thought you meant a massive one like the Hoover! I was thinking your dad must be Macgyver!

So, do I take that to mean there have been some drunken adults flying over it at times? :winks:

I can just imagine a few of Liz's guards sailing over to have a go at us :roflmao:

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

Drunken adults???
Wouldn't happen :whistles:

MyNameIsTerry
24-07-16, 11:45
I can just imagine a few of Liz's guards sailing over to have a go at us :roflmao:

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:35 ----------

Drunken adults???
Wouldn't happen :whistles:

Nah, we send Wills & Kate everywhere now so you end up nauseated to death. :winks:

We should send Prince Phil really, he likes swearing, ogling women and telling people to 'bugger awf home' like your bloke that told Depp to do one. :D

If all the adults are drunk at the same time, it's now normalised behaviour. :yesyes:

flipp
24-07-16, 11:47
Good luck with the stickers on the crocs:roflmao:

No Terry not like the Hoover dam (wasn't he a poof):ohmy:it was almost empty we got good rain and it is now full.

I like BrisVegas Phill,I go there for shopping trips to expensive here.
and I reckon we are going to have a hot hot summer.:mad:

I am off to feed the ankle biters.Good Night Boys have a good one.:yesyes:

MyNameIsTerry
24-07-16, 11:50
I think Hoover was a big fan of the Rocky Horror Show, or would have been if he had been around. :winks:

Night Karina.

Buster70
24-07-16, 11:51
It is good to talk to people around the world with similar problems, interests and the weather I've got dogs and if we didn't have the weather we would have walk past each other In silence each morning on the dog walk , the problem we have now is no warning it will change it used to be cold in winter hot in summer now we've had four weeks of cold rain then a heat wave , snags -= bangers over here , I'm surprised there is anyone on here from oz thought your take on mental health was " man the f&@k up " , used to get bollocked for pushing my girls to hard on zip lines so they flew off the end now I've got grand kids I darnt do it they are not mine to break , we'd be lucky to get a barby going In between heat wave and thunder storms , on the hottest day there was a hail storm with hail the size of marbles , take care .

Phill2
24-07-16, 12:06
Hi Buster

There's heaps of us on here.
I think I've been on about 13 yrs now.
Pretty much cured but come on to help if I can.(an to stir Terry)

---------- Post added at 21:06 ---------- Previous post was at 21:04 ----------

Good luck with the stickers on the crocs:roflmao:

No Terry not like the Hoover dam (wasn't he a poof):ohmy:it was almost empty we got good rain and it is now full.

I like BrisVegas Phill,I go there for shopping trips to expensive here.
and I reckon we are going to have a hot hot summer.:mad:

I am off to feed the ankle biters.Good Night Boys have a good one.:yesyes:

Rockvegas is our "big city" :yahoo:

Noivous
24-07-16, 12:44
I heard on the radio two days ago that it was the hottest day in 3 years in these parts - N.E. US. It was stifling hot I will say that.

Buster70
24-07-16, 19:41
Things to thank our freinds down under for ; soldiers fighting along side ours and giving their lives , AC/DC ( best band I've ever seen ) kylie minogue, INXS , men at work ( down under ) , midnight oil , beds are burning , all the ozzies working as barmen in our pubs , crocodile Dundee 1 and 2
Things you should apologise for ; danni minogue, bbq food burnt snags and half cooked chicken in the rain , rolf Harris ( so dissapointed in him ) , short changing barmen , crocodile Dundee 3 ( yes there was a three )
Not so hot today glorious and why do you call us poms ?
Have a good un

Noivous
24-07-16, 20:05
Things to thank our freinds down under for ; soldiers fighting along side ours and giving their lives , AC/DC ( best band I've ever seen ) kylie minogue, INXS , men at work ( down under ) , midnight oil , beds are burning , all the ozzies working as barmen in our pubs , crocodile Dundee 1 and 2
Things you should apologise for ; danni minogue, bbq food burnt snags and half cooked chicken in the rain , rolf Harris ( so dissapointed in him ) , short changing barmen , crocodile Dundee 3 ( yes there was a three )
Not so hot today glorious and why do you call us poms ?
Have a good un

AC/DC - The hardest rockin' band in show biz. I've always said Bon Scott was the best front man any rock band ever had - better than Plant, better than Mercury... There's a video on YT of the boys covering "Baby Please Don't Go" with Scott dressed as a little girl that's fantastic. The guy was simply the best.

N.

---------- Post added at 19:05 ---------- Previous post was at 18:53 ----------

...and let's not forget Elle Macpherson:)

Buster70
24-07-16, 20:37
Bon Scott was a bit before my time i was about ten when he died and I know brian Johnson is from the uk but great live , saw them in the 80s when all the best bands were touring the uk Metallica , ozzy , guns and roses , it all seems a bit watered down now , couldn't imagine being in a mosh pit now , shit I got freaked out in a post office que , happy days

Noivous
24-07-16, 20:56
Hahaha...I hear you! Yeah Johnson was a suitable replacement but he was no Bon Scott imho. But they were still a kick ass band for sure.

flipp
25-07-16, 01:00
Oh good old Acca Dacca,the biggest ticket selling band in the World.I watched a show with Axl Rose replacing Brian Johnson,got a surprise I thought with all that Botox in his face he would be battling to open his gob.
Inxs are still going,and Peter Garrett has reformed Midnight Oil,bloody top band I watched them at a concert at Uluru.

Buster I was in the mosh pit when I took my daughter to see Eminem..lol
Really lovely day here gunna be warm,going for a spin on the quad bike.
Have a lovely evening/ morning to you all x.

MyNameIsTerry
25-07-16, 09:00
I would just like to give an award to Australia for giving us Kylie's bum in those hot pants.

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/sport/t31171.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-sport.php?page=5)

flipp
25-07-16, 09:50
Didn't she buy them in an Op shop for a cuppla bucks?.

Another beautiful winters day down under,went for a ride on the quad down to the river and there was about 12Kangaroos a heap of Galah's and Cockatoos,what a lovely morning.:D

MyNameIsTerry
25-07-16, 10:13
If I Googled where I could buy Kylie's bum from for a few quid, I expect it would bring back some rather adult results. :winks:

That sounds lovely. Plenty of birds in my garden and now we have a rat stealing the bird food.

Buster70
25-07-16, 13:08
I see the same sort of wild life on my morning walk just in miniature, no kangaroos just squirrels, no crocs just newts , here's a photo of my bird feeder on my shed window not sure what furry tailed birds these are , cheeky bleeders

Phill2
26-07-16, 02:02
I would just like to give an award to Australia for giving us Kylie's bum in those hot pants.

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/sport/t31171.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/t-sport.php?page=5)

Kylie was born in Pomgolia but moved here and yes those shorts were from an Op shop