PDA

View Full Version : exefor

ceecee
19-03-07, 19:43
hi was just wondering wether anyone has suffered from headaches when first starting these?
i have been on them now for 12 days and have had a headache and feeeling quite sick since taking them!!!!i,m only on a small dose as i really did,nt want to take meds as every one i have been on has made me feel worse!
i really do want to try and stay on this one if possible as my phyciatrist thinks it will help!
the headaches are not bad enough to have to take pain-killers but its just really annoying!!!
i would be grateful if anyone could let me know if they have had any side-effects
thanks take care everyone
rach x

Jimbo
19-03-07, 20:49
I get a lot of headaches, but I had those before I started Effexor.

There's a few other threads about Effexor if you do a search, also my thread (here). (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18284) It can take a few weeks for the initial side effects to go away and they differ for each individual person.

I personally didn't have too many side effects when first starting. I had a few when they increased my doseage. Thinking about it, I did find my apetite (including my thirst) fluctuated a lot. I would make sure you are drinking lots of water, dehydration can give you headaches. Also it could just be stress from dealing with the side effects. If they continue, speak to your doc.

I'll be increasing to 150mgs tomorrow, hopefully it will be ok for me. :emot-pray:

ceecee
26-03-07, 11:10
hi jimbo
thanks for replying!i have read your posts(thanks)
good luck with the meds
take care
rach x
p.s haven,t replied earlier as my keyboard was broken!!!!!!!!x

Jimbo
26-03-07, 11:17
Hey Ceecee,

The side effects seem to be calming down for me and I think I'm actually starting to feel a little better now (fingers crossed!). I've been at 150mgs for nearly a week now, so I've still got a while before the full effects kick in.

How you feeling now?

Jim :hugs:

ceecee
26-03-07, 19:24
hi jimbo
i was feeling qiute well and started to feel a little better,but last night and today i,ve not felt 100%.did you know theres a efexor helpline that you can discuss any side-effects that you may have with them.
glad you,re doing well
take care
rach x

Jimbo
26-03-07, 19:51
did you know theres a efexor helpline that you can discuss any side-effects that you may have with them.

Thanks I didn't know. I'll check the leaflet with them, if I get really concerned about something I could always give them a call. My GP is pretty good, so I should be ok.

The only real 'problem' side effect I'm having is really bad constipation.:blush: I am on other meds which can cause this too, so not 100% sure if it's the Efexor. I've not 'properly' been to the loo in about 2 weeks. :ohmy: So I'm feeling a bit bloated in the guts right now. I've double dosed on senacot tonight and have an apt with my GP tomorrow, so I'm gonna mention this to her.

I have the same thing in terms of feeling ok, then feeling worse, a bit of a 'merry go round'. Things seem to be slowly leveling out tho I think. These do seem to be really helping me a lot with my depression, compared to how I felt when I originally started on them I feel so much better in general. :yesyes:

Hope things go well for you, let me know how you're doing.

Jim