PDA

View Full Version : BCC/SCC?

helenhoo
19-07-16, 08:09
I felt a huge spot on back of my neck last week and immediately panicked. My spot loving boyfriend said it was yes just a spot and wanted to pick it for me (gross) he did and it hurt and he said pus did from it. But it's still there now. Smaller and feels dried but I can't get a good look at it. I'm worried it's one of the above skin cancers. Would it 'pop' like a normal spot?:doh:i

MyNameIsTerry
19-07-16, 08:14
Yes, he is gross! :biggrin: When I see people doing this for each other on reality tv shows I often wonder what is going on in their heads!

It will be there until it's healed.

Spots are incredibly common. My skin has always been poor so I get them and always have. Like the common cold, they are something we get a lot of in our lives and in neither case should anyone be jumping to conclusions over cancer.

Besides, for skin cancer you examine the information by such as the NHS or the cancer charities and unless it looks like what they are saying, it's not to be worried about.

helenhoo
19-07-16, 08:20
Would a skin cancer 'pop?' He was 10101010% sure it was just a spot but my anxious mind questions if he'd know what a skin cancer spot would look like.

MyNameIsTerry
19-07-16, 08:50
I don't think I could answer that without knowing much more about them. I know how my dad's went, he spent years picking at it before it looked quite bad and went to see his GP.

Your BF saw it, he knows what a basic spot looks like and you are anxious latching onto marks on your body or other symptoms. So, my opinion would be that your BF is right.

Colicab85
19-07-16, 09:12
It's just a spot, thats what spots do. You burst them, they then dry and scab over.

helenhoo
19-07-16, 09:56
It's Been a few days since he popped it but it's gone down.

Fishmanpa
19-07-16, 12:36
BCC/SCC?

Nope... ANXIETYCC :)

Positive thoughts

Appa Yip Yip
20-07-16, 01:07
Nope. Definitely not. Cancers 100% do not pop like a pimple nor do they produce pus. It's just a pimple, nothing more. Please don't waste your time on this worry.