PDA

View Full Version : Weird tightness in throat/pressure

joeyr
19-07-16, 10:28
Hello! I was just wondering if anyone has experienced a tightness or slight pressure in the neck with a sore throat? I've had a slightly sore throat the last day or two and last night this feeling started which feels like a light pressure around my neck. I've been having a runny nose a little bit and have a slight headache feeling behind my eyes. The tight throat feeling came on the same time as the sore throat which makes me think it's linked, but has anyone experienced this? I never have, but it would be encouraging to know if anyone has. Unfortunately I just Googled it and now panicking about a whole load of things it could be. :( any help would be amazing thank you.

Bearinmind
19-07-16, 13:59
Tightness/sore/lump in the throat are a very common anxiety symptoms. Headaches and migraines are also a very common side effect from anxiety, as the increased muscle tension from anxiety will cause tension headaches or trigger migraines.

But considering the progress of your symptoms I would say you're just having a common infection, either a common cold or sinusitis. I have that from time to time and they're the same thing: Tight and dull slightly sore painful throat, runny nose, and headaches, in many many places around the head (it varies, sometimes it behind the eyes, others are on the back of the head, other are behind the ear, others are besides the eyes, others are all this fun at the same time).

joeyr
19-07-16, 21:54
Ah, thanks so much. It's feeling a bit better this evening - it's reassuring that it's probably just a cold or similar. Thank you so much for your help.