PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for the weekend!

Pete_uk
19-07-16, 11:05
This weekend is going to be bad for me what with the start of the summer holidays and new neighbors moving in. I'm already having to fight back the panic and at times I can feel my air pipe closing up (I'll admit the weather doesn't help).

Anyone got any short term things I could try as I don't see the doctor until Tuesday :scared15:

ana
19-07-16, 15:04
Hi Pete, I'm not sure I know about any 'quick fix' techniques seeing as I don't know what you particular anxiety triggers are, but what I'd suggest is trying to not think about it not in a 'oh my God, I'm going to feel terrible' way, but to rather trying to see it as something you're going to enjoy. It's the summer holidays, you've got all the time in the world to try and relax and do things that make you feel good. Surely, that's a positive, isn't it? Also, new neighbours may turn out to be really lovely people that you'll get on well with. :)

It sounds like it's the change of routine that scares you. I work in education, so I struggle with the same thing as you. I find that I need the steady rhythm of work to keep my anxiety in check. Summers are about coming up with a routine of your own, and keeping yourself busy, so that you can both relax and keep your mind focused on something other than anxiety.