View Full Version : Panic attacks return new symptoms?

BigBrez1985
20-07-16, 10:36
Hi All,

I first got diagnosed with anxiety/panic attacks 11 years ago along with GAD it took me abouot two years to finally get them under control and ive had 8 blissful years of no attacks, however the last few weeks they have returned with avengance.

About 6 months ago I started to notice weakness and pain in my arms and legs so went to the doctors who reffered me to the nuerologist and had a EMG test. The first part of the test was just for the nerve endings so had the sticky pads on arms and legs with short bursts of electric current and the test came back clear. So I then had the second test where they penetrate the muscles with needles and measure the reaction of the muscle tissue this time it showed something wasnt right. In the words of the doctor carrying out the test my results would be expected of a 70 year old or someone obese and not of my age or build.

So the next test I will have is a muscle tissue biopsy.

My anxiety attacks have returned over the last few weeks and I wouldnt say because of the test results because im not really worried about it what will be will be. I think its more down to the stress ive been going through the last 12 months and ive never really had health anxiety its always just been general anxiety that comes on any time.

I guess my question to you guys is does anyone else feel extreme tiredness and weakness in the legs and arms? I never had this 8 years ago when my attacks were quite bad so is this a new symptom of my GAD or something else?

The tiredness and weakness has been all day everyday for about 6 months and I thought maybe if it was just my GAD that it would only happen after/during an attack? Maybe im wrong... I hope im wrong. Its even effecting daily tasks now such as driving or walking for long periods.

Thanks for reading and any advice would be very much appreciated.