PDA

View Full Version : Worried blood in stool

Elizabeth Fry
20-07-16, 16:33
I am at my wits end. My husband has cancer and now I've got bloody mucous and red looking stools. The doctor says I have haemorrhoids. Has anyone else had this and it was ok?

Thank you.

js1803
20-07-16, 17:28
If it's bright red then it is from an anal fissure or hemmorhoids. I get this too. Try to drink lots of water everyday to soften stool and using wet wipes can help.

Elizabeth Fry
20-07-16, 23:57
Thank you for your reassurance. I went back to the doctor and she is sure it is haemorrhoids, so I am relieved. I'll increase the water as you advise. It's so hard when you keep getting symptoms.

Thanks again.

dale12345
21-07-16, 03:16
I get the same thing it is hemorrhoids,they can be painful and annoying but not deadly

MyNameIsTerry
21-07-16, 05:22
Yes, it's common with roids. I've been having mucus over a 20 year period nearly now, on & off.

My blood has been more on the paper but it's common in the bowl too.

You did the right thing. And please trust your GP, they see cases of roids in vast quantities as it's so common. They can very easily examine for them by inserting a finger.

I'm really sorry to hear your husband has cancer. I hope you are both getting all the support you need for this but please don't feel afraid to ask for help on here too. Whilst it can be triggering for some, there are plenty of us who agree people going through such things are entitled to plenty of support too, and more really. I hope things work out well for him.

Has his diagnosis caused a lot of extra stress for you (what a silly question, eh? :doh:). I only ask because roids have a habit of happening due to stress.

Elizabeth Fry
21-07-16, 21:00
He's not at all well, but is an inspiration in how he's dealing with it. I am feeling the pressure as this situation has gone on for 2 years. The HA is through the roof. I noticed a horizontal line on one nail and my heart was skipping all over the place. It's difficult to talk about so I don't tell people. There is support for us and I'm so glad to have it, but it's a lonely place.

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

Pepperpot
26-07-16, 01:30
Awww I am so sorry about your husband :(
I have piles too - they cause me so much anxiety as they don't hurt so when I turn to look in the bowl and it looks like I have been murdered then I get a real scare x

1nicelad4u
24-08-16, 17:12
If I was u I wouldn't be scared. Am the same I get scared all the time and think the worse!. I had a bm moment yesterday and cramping! I knew it wasn't a hard one. Turn around I saw a little dark blood in it) I did have pizza at dinner time). Anyway I came home and all I could think of is what is happening I couldn't focus on anything!!. Piles! Yes you can get them high up! And the blood can be dark depending where it is). If it happens all the time it's time to go back to the doctor and demand tests!. We only have one life!! We can't risk it!!. Me myself am so scared of doctors! Test! It's drive me mad waiting for the results! I can't relax. I just think the worse!. Il tell you what! It's the fear of the Unknown! Death if am honest). My dad once said it easy dying it's hard living!!. Jk.