PDA

View Full Version : Worried about lack of sleep

ShaunRyder
21-07-16, 04:01
Ok so yesterday I didn't fall asleep until 4am, just because it was so hot, i had the day off work so I had a lay in until 12:30pm (lazy I know:blush: ) I am now getting ready for work and will be leaving at half 5 and I have had no sleep (another hot night) since waking up this afternoon, straight after work I have a family party to attend so by the time I get too bed could be between half 10 and 11pm so this making it 34-35 hours with no sleep! I am worrying what will happen to me? Am I putting myself indanger or is this ok? :weep:

KeeKee
21-07-16, 13:53
Whilst not advisable I don't think it'll hurt as a one off. I have relatives with Insomnia and they can go days with no sleep. It's very bad for their mental health but so far the only physical symptoms are tiredness.

countrygirl
21-07-16, 16:58
I have read that you can go 48 hrs without any sleep and it does not have much effect on the body, longer and you can start to get mental effects but this is when people are deliberatley kept awake.

I am sure you will sleep once you get to bed!

Fishmanpa
21-07-16, 17:09
The only danger lack of sleep presents is similar to the warnings you see on all medications that can make you drowsy. Don't drive or operate machinery when extremely tired. That's just common sense.

And don't worry, eventually mother nature will take over and you'll sleep :)

Positive thoughts