PDA

View Full Version : Fugginess & Fight or Flight

mezzaninedoor
21-07-16, 17:06
I have the fight or flight prickles.
I have a fuggy brain.

My linear view of my life has been turned on its axis 90 degrees and all those life decisions, pieces of work, holidays, worries all seem to be in my head at the same time.

I've been trying my Mindfulness to try and get some clarity but things are not clearing.

I'm still trying to stay at work full time as I don't want another elongated episode like I had in May 2015 onwards.

I hate that I'm not really participating in the Forum and that I'm a complete constraint on my wifes life at the moment.

Any ideas?

p.s. My house is becoming more & more of a tip as well !!!!!!!

HalfJack
25-07-16, 16:20
Tried distraction? When I am in a total rut and endlessly on edge I find that drawing helps me a lot because it's something I have to and naturally concentrate 100% on to do it. After a few hours of that I tend to feel much better.

Or maybe write things down, get it all into manageable chunks on paper. That helps me clear out my head and when my head's clear my house tends to look a lot tidier too!

mezzaninedoor
03-08-16, 18:13
Yes, I do try to use distraction, Spoken Word, Mindfulness, Lists but I dont find theres any switch / silver bullet

I find that though you can see the logic in what you need to try to aleviate the low mood, anxiety can be overwhelming that you cant shift the axis of your issues

My Talking Therapist looks at fact & fantasy and challenges me on that basis when in Therapy sessions but again it can all be there, sensibly but hard to grasp

mezzaninedoor
15-08-16, 12:44
Things continue much the same.
The world is 'flat', well my world is 'flat', Im trying and managing to stay at work but Im filled with anxiety and low mood daily and work and home is just 'flat'.

Still keying into the tools I have leanrt but not really making any progress it seems