PDA

View Full Version : Flutter in ear lasting half a second after rubbing or touching earhole

Jordan85
21-07-16, 20:39
Hey there,

Sorry this sounds like a bizarre problem but it has been getting me down this last week. About half the time I touch my ear hole or rub my ear my left ear makes a strange flutter sound lasting half a second after I stop. The sequence goes:

Rub
Stop
Flutter for half a second

It's hard to notice a pattern, it seems to not happen if I try to trigger it many times in a row but if I leave it for a couple of minutes it'll happen again. This only started happening last week, not sure if it's related or not but it might have started around the time I was getting a sore jaw from possibly grinding teeth during the night. Feel free to discard that as I'm not quite convinced it's linked.

I've cleaned out any wax in my ear canal and yet the flutter still occurs. It sort of sounds like a voluntary rumble of the tensor tympani muscle but slightly different, like a congested sound or muffled crumpling paper almost.

Strangely rubbing/itching the opposing ear will trigger it sometimes too.

It's getting me down as I thought I got over my ear issues I had at the beginning of the year (hearing a faint rumble/hum when the house went quiet) now I'm seemingly back full circle to another issue.

Anyone had anything similar?