PDA

View Full Version : Can feel my pulse

Youngatheart2015
21-07-16, 21:53
So I've been ill past few weeks with throat problems, now I have a strange lump in throat feeling and I can feel my pulse strongly between my collarbone it's making me very anxious to the point where I've been crying and contemplating just getting drunk, is it normal to feel it there I've never noticed it before so I don't know why it's so noticeable now thinking maybe it's connected to the lump in throat feeling

Lifelonganxiety!
21-07-16, 22:06
Yes, your carotid artery is one of the main arteries in your body. It carries blood up from your heart into your head, it has to fight gravity so it pumps real hard and you'll be able to feel it if you go looking for it, it can be pretty prominent pulse in some people.

Nothing to worry about.

Alcohol won't solve any problems and lump in throat sensation is one of the biggest sensations felt by anxiety sufferers!

Fishmanpa
21-07-16, 22:11
I can feel my pulse strongly between my collarbone

It's certainly better than the alternative :)

Positive thoughts

Youngatheart2015
21-07-16, 22:18
Thank you for replies I know I shouldn't worry about it just can't help it and I'm at the end of the tether today and my cans of lager is looking enticing but I know it's not the answer and will make things worse as alcohol does tend to
Make me more Anxious next day ��

Fishmanpa
21-07-16, 23:35
Use some self restraint and don't sabotage yourself with the drinks, especially in light of your anxious state. I've felt similar things and it's just common body noise that you're hyper-focusing on. Distraction, distraction, distraction ;)

Positive thoughts