PDA

View Full Version : Feels like my face is being pulled to one side.

JITTERBUG1
20-03-07, 03:05
I constantly have a tight feeling arount my left eye and cheek. During times of stress it gets worse. Nobody can tell but me. It makes me feel self-conscious and I start to obsess over it. I feel like that eye has to work harder to focus during bad times. Does anyone else relate to this or have a clue what may cause it. My Dr. just smiled and gave me a presription for some really weak worthless muscle relaxants. This eye is also more sensitive to light than the other and when I have a cold it waters alot.

Tiff

Phill2
20-03-07, 03:11
Hi Tiff,
I get a siilar thing occasionally - my left eye also waters.
I just put it down to muscle tension.Anxiety makes all our muscles tense up without us realising.
Phill:shades:

Moondust
21-03-07, 00:12
Hi Tiff,

I feel like this sometimes and I have found that I clench my teeth a lot and it causes pain on that side of my face. It happens when I am asleep too and I've damaged my teeth from grinding them so hard in my sleep. The dentist said he could make a shield for me if necessary, to wear at night to protect my teeth, but it is not too bad at the moment. It seems to happen most when i am under a lot of stress. Being aware of it means I can periodically make myself relax my jaw during the day, just by opening my mouth slightly, and that takes the pressure off.

Hope this helps.