PDA

View Full Version : Heart palpitations??

BrokenAge
22-07-16, 09:02
I'm sitting my desk on the computer and all of a sudden I feel my heart beating through my throat. I know it happens randomly but it sent me into a straight panic. I googled it and now I'm terrified of having an irregular heart beat. I could feel it for like 30 minuets. I couldn't stop panicking. I felt so scared and light headed. Which only added onto the worry. I've been having shooting pains, head aches and mass amounts of anxiety today and then with this added on. Ugh this has been a hard day. I can't even sleep right now. I just need reassurance on everything. I'm worried about cancer, heart disease, diabetes and going insane (psychosis) I'm just full of worry and I'm hating it.

Kuatir
22-07-16, 09:57
Hey. Try to take some control back. Do you know any relaxing breathing and stretching exercises?

BrokenAge
22-07-16, 20:26
Not really no.

jayware33
22-07-16, 20:31
Have you had any tests or seen your doctor about this? If not, I would recommend that first. If you have, then what did they say?

Lifelonganxiety!
22-07-16, 22:11
Have you had a lot of coffee or soda today? How about alcohol last night? Smoking?

So many benign short term reasons for palpitations. I know they can be terrifying when they happen, I get a short run of them every now and then. Usually down to lifestyle. If they are persistent though, regardless of caffeine etc... then you should get it checked. It's a very simple ECG test and any half decent physician will be able to see what's going on.

BrokenAge
23-07-16, 05:04
I don't smoke, I don't drink. No caffeine or anything. I haven't had any test either. I like to avoid the hospital.

jayware33
23-07-16, 10:01
I don't smoke, I don't drink. No caffeine or anything. I haven't had any test either. I like to avoid the hospital.

I think it's wise you see your doctor first before we call it anxiety. We can try to reassure you, but I'd see more conform in a doctor ruling anything out first.