PDA

View Full Version : Continual leg problems

SmithsFan
22-07-16, 10:48
been a while since I've posted here. My HA has generally been much improved in 2016, although it has been making a reappearance of late due to the lower leg problems I've been experiencing for almost two years now.

I first felt a numbness in my left calf, like my trousers were sticking to it when I walked, and this has ebbed, flowed and changed since then.

Tingling, sharp pains, dull aches, bone pain, foot cramps, tender spots on the tibia and a pressure feeling as if someone was pumping air into my lower leg are the main and most common symptoms. A dent seems to have appeared in the muscle to the outside of the shin bone, although I couldn't swear it wasn't like that before as we tend not to notice every aspect of our body until we look for something specific.

In the time I've been experiencing these symptoms I've self-diagnosed with blood clots, bone cancer, MS, ALS/MND and all sorts of wasting diseases.

On my more rational days I think it's probably a nerve issue. An MRI of my lower back ruled out sciatica. The last time I was at the doctor I asked if there was an x-ray or scan I could get for peace of mind but he wasn't keen and said as the main symptom was pressure (which it was at that point) then a referral to a neurologist wouldn't help.

Following my HA-related minor breakdown last year I read a bit about how stress and anxiety can cause real physical symptoms and cognitive problems, which helped but I've never been able to convince myself this is the cause in my case.

I've seen similar, if not exactly matching symptoms, mentioned, mainly on the MS threads, and I was just wondering if anyone had any good or bad, preferably good, news updates.