PDA

View Full Version : Help! Don't Know What To Do

Victory2016
22-07-16, 15:21
So I was supposed to see a new psychiatrist this morning. I get to his office and they don't have me down for an appointment, but they have all my paperwork and pre-payments. Waited two months for this appointment. The receptionist is going to call me by the end of the day, but most likely won't get an appt until the end of August.

I am feeling better, but the Cit is def not working like it was in the past. Not sure if I should just increase it to 30mg or what. I am so lost right now on what to do. Maybe I need more this time since this is my third time on it. I did wonderful on it in the past at 20mg. Right now I am @ week 15 on 20mg. I was on lexapro once and that worked wonderful too. I wonder if I should switch to that. I am so confused and I feel like my primary care docs don't know what to do

:lac::weep::weep::weep::shrug::shrug::unsure:

All kinds of emotions going on today ^

KeeKee
22-07-16, 16:08
I'm not sure if it's true but I've read that if you go on the same medication for the second time it may not work, so if you don't feel Citalopram is working for you it may be best to try a completely different antidepressant.

Whilst I would never recommend an antidepressant to somebody, I did find that for me, Paroxetine worked quicker than others I'd tried. I did gain a lot of weight on it though (but then again, I gained weight on all three that I tried, so I'd probably gain weight on all SSRI's).

Victory2016
22-07-16, 18:50
I'm not sure if it's true but I've read that if you go on the same medication for the second time it may not work, so if you don't feel Citalopram is working for you it may be best to try a completely different antidepressant.

Whilst I would never recommend an antidepressant to somebody, I did find that for me, Paroxetine worked quicker than others I'd tried. I did gain a lot of weight on it though (but then again, I gained weight on all three that I tried, so I'd probably gain weight on all SSRI's).

Hi KeeKee,

Thanks that's what I was kind of figuring that it just was not working for me anymore.

I was thinking of paxil or zoloft. Are you still on the paxil? Did you have start up side effects? At this point i don't care if i gain some weight I just want to feel better. I have lost a lot anyways because of the anxiety/depression.

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

Awwww thank god they realized they messed up and got me scheduled in for Monday.

pollynewsome
22-07-16, 18:58
What a nightmare Victory but glad you got it re scheduled. Im staying at 25mg till i come back off hols.. Feeling no better mind and now 9 days at 25mg!! ive tried fluoxetine and was very ill and also sertraline with no joy so i guess i will stick at this a bit longer.
Keep strong and hope i appointment goes well on Monday:) x

KeeKee
22-07-16, 19:07
No I no longer take medication but I didn't have any start up effects but I haven't on any of the 3 antidepressants I've tried so I think I'm in the minority on that one. I also quit cold turkey and had no effects whatsoever.