PDA

View Full Version : Fed up with feeling fed up!

Mojo61
22-07-16, 17:47
What's the deal here with these so called 'antidepressants'? Rightly or wrongly I was under the impression that they were supposed to lift your mood and make life a little more bearable but that doesn't seem to be happening because every day I'm miserable and morose with little interest or enthusiasm for anything. I can honestly say if someone offered me a million pounds it wouldn't elicit a glimmer of excitement from me - what the heck is that all about then?

Perhaps I'm just expecting too much from the meds and need to make more of an effort to "Get A Life" (whatever that means) but lack of motivation and bone weary tiredness makes everything such an effort and I just can't be arsed.

Signed

Mrs Grumpy

Becky2785
22-07-16, 18:01
Snap mojo I think it maybe the weather aswell I generally can't be arsed to do anything feel down and depressed these past few days need to cheer up as it don't help my thoughts of suicide hope u feel better soon xx

Mojo61
22-07-16, 18:16
It's a pain in the backside isn't it Becky? The summer is passing me by and I have absolutely zero interest in going out to enjoy it. Took a friend's dog out for a walk today - weather was glorious, countryside was beautiful, birds were singing, yet I may as well have been walking along in the pouring rain with a gale force 9 blowing up my jacksy for all cared. Just couldn't see the beauty in anything or feel any joy whatsoever. I really don't know what's happened to me, but I don't like it one bit.

Hope you feel better soon too Becky x

KeeKee
22-07-16, 18:51
Perhaps trying a different med if the one you're taking doesn't appear to be working might be of help.
Unfortunately this is how antidepressants 'worked' for me. Took the sting out of my depression but also took all enjoyment out of life. No interest in anything and found it soooo hard to get up in the morning due to constantly being tired.

pollynewsome
22-07-16, 18:54
Hi all, feeling exactly the same. Last month i won £1.000 pound on a scratch card and like you say mojo, i was like so what!! Its a horrible feeling having no motivation and low mood. i havent had a drink since November last year cos i really wanted to give the tablets ago at working but im seriously thinking of having a drink. All the things i used to love i have quit in the hope that it makes me feel better. Caffeine gone! i used to love a cuppa coffee. Decaf tea, gross but give it ago it might help(nope) exercising= ******** no energy to do it or after i have attempted to do it so exhausted i cant do anything! I have given up on so much and getting nothing in return. I given up friends and family that were supposedly driving the anxiety but now im not too sure.. Moan Moan moan but you are right guys WHEN AND HOW WILL WE EVENTUALLY FEEL HAPPY.

Becky2785
22-07-16, 20:33
Hopefully by Christmas we will also be back sharing our sucess stories xxx

pollynewsome
22-07-16, 20:34
oh i hope so:) xx

Mojo61
23-07-16, 06:44
Oh what an awful night! I woke up, God knows what time, it was pitch black outside and I'd had a nightmare about plane crashes and terrorist attacks. My heart was pounding so hard I thought it was going to come right out of my chest. I took a diazepam but it did nothing so I took another one, still nothing, and I've been laying here ever since fitfully tossing and turning with my heart pounding and stomach churning!

pollynewsome
23-07-16, 07:16
Have you ever tried propranolol. It's a beta blocker. That helped with my pounding heart years ago. Hope it settles x

Mojo61
23-07-16, 07:22
Yes I take 20mg daily around 10.30am. I was on 80mg originally but I found it made me very depressed and foggy headed.

---------- Post added at 07:22 ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 ----------

My anxiety is centered around physical symptoms. I don't have situational anxiety or social anxiety and I can drive, go shopping, even stand up in a room full of people and make a speech if I needed to, but the physical symptoms and the crazy thoughts are what drives mine.

pollynewsome
23-07-16, 07:28
Similar to me. I don't even have crazy thoughts just physical. Maybe we on wrong med. So annoying. X

Mojo61
23-07-16, 07:41
When I say crazy thoughts I mean continually ruminating about why I feel like this. It consumes every waking moment for me, there's not a minute I'm not thinking about it, why it picked on me, will it ever go, will I be stuck like this forever etc etc etc.

Becky2785
23-07-16, 08:29
Wish my thoughts was like yours mojo xx

Mojo61
23-07-16, 08:49
What are you thoughts about hun? x

Victory2016
23-07-16, 12:38
Mojo I have the same thoughts as you. I just want to get out of this and will it ever end. I am constantly analyzing my body and symptoms.

Mojo61
23-07-16, 12:40
How long have you been like this Victory? Mine only started in November last year, I've never suffered with anxiety or anything even remotely similar before in my entire life. This has come as such a terrible shock to me because I didn't even give mental illness a second thought, I only ever thought about physical illness affecting me as I got older.

Victory2016
23-07-16, 12:45
It started before I went back on the meds this year. Being that cit did wonders for me the last two time I was on it and it does not seem to be working now and is making me think these thoughts more and more. I have been told by several people that when you start and stop the same med multiple times it won't work or have the same effectiveness.

My psychiatrist appt got screwed up yesterday, but they were able to squeeze me in on Monday, so I am going to be asking for a med change if he feels its appropriate.

Becky2785
23-07-16, 13:48
I have intrusive thoughts mojo about suicide it's hard and I do struggle with them especially when I have 2 children xx

Mojo61
23-07-16, 14:12
Oh that must be horrible Becky. But I've heard it is a very common thing with anxiety and doesn't mean that you are going to do it, it's just a very heightened response to the anxiety and it goes away once things have settled down. Doesn't make it any easier dealing with them at the moment though!

Becky2785
23-07-16, 21:27
Yea it's awful u just can't shake them off they make you feel you going to do something xx

Mojo61
23-07-16, 21:59
But you know you won't, it is just the anxiety up to its old tricks again.

Before I knew about anxiety I just assumed it was a feeling of being nervous about certain situations, I had no idea about the psychological torment it puts you through, which in my opinion is much worse than the physical manifestations.