PDA

View Full Version : Yet another terrorist attack!

Mojo61
22-07-16, 18:38
Now it's Munich's turn to suffer. How many more attacks must there be before something is done about this? It is sending my anxiety through the roof and it is now getting to the stage where I'm frightened to go to the supermarket or drive on a motorway. My son is due to go to 2 music festivals in August, I'm terrified that something will happen there!

Mercime
22-07-16, 22:13
Although I understand your fear, can I ask what exactly do you think should be done?

gatsby12
23-07-16, 00:20
Sure, it seems scary. Terrorism is a pretty bitter pill. I study stuff that includes this and I can tell you it won't go away since it's been a long standing condition. You have to carry on since refusing to do as you please is playing into their hands. What you have to remember is you do not control the outcome and resisting it is futile. This is a wider game. It's one of those things where if you arent directly involved in storming and rooting the rats out its not something you can stress on. The same applies you nuclear war, I can stress all day about it but at the end I can't do anything.

MyNameIsTerry
23-07-16, 06:41
Sure, it seems scary. Terrorism is a pretty bitter pill. I study stuff that includes this and I can tell you it won't go away since it's been a long standing condition. You have to carry on since refusing to do as you please is playing into their hands. What you have to remember is you do not control the outcome and resisting it is futile. This is a wider game. It's one of those things where if you arent directly involved in storming and rooting the rats out its not something you can stress on. The same applies you nuclear war, I can stress all day about it but at the end I can't do anything.

Yep, people in positions to deal with it are there to worry about it and people keep an eye on them to make sure they are doing it. People with money and power always stand to lose more and they are closer to those working on such problems.

We could get run over any day of the week or have an accident, so we can only concentrate on what we can prevent ourselves.

I'm in a city no one would care about so it's not going to be an issue around here. Although we have had a few arrests, mostly due to hate propaganda.

These events are rare compared to lots of other things but because they are so scary, they stand out to us.

The war reports were a problem for me at my more heightened states. As you come through that, these things don't trigger such reactions anymore.

MyNameIsTerry
23-07-16, 07:01
got more chance being bored by a bull.

Bulls do drone on a lot. :winks:

ankietyjoe
23-07-16, 15:42
Although I understand your fear, can I ask what exactly do you think should be done?

Exactly

A good start would be to stop bombing the crap out of other countries and killing innocent people.

Aside from that, it's really not worth worrying about

Noivous
23-07-16, 15:55

Well for starters countries should immediately stop actively importing so called "refugees" from the middle east. That is the first thing that should be done. In the US 90% of middle eastern "refugees" are on government welfare. That is totally unacceptable. 90% that is a staggering statistic. There is much that can be done.

N.

ankietyjoe
23-07-16, 16:03
Well for starters countries should immediately stop actively importing so called "refugees" from the middle east. That is the first thing that should be done. In the US 95% of middle eastern immigrants - not "refugees" - legal immigrants are on government welfare. That is totally unacceptable. 95% that is a staggering statistic. There is much that can be done.

N.

And it's nonsense like this that allows a psychopath like Donald Trump to gain votes.

Noivous
23-07-16, 17:20
Here's a nice fact for you. Three middle east "refugees" brutally raped and urinated on a 5 year old girl in Idaho two weeks ago. Obama imported them here, pal. He along with Merkel and their ilk should be booted out of office today. Get a grip and open your eyes...

---------- Post added at 16:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/10/more-than-90-percent-of-middle-eastern-refugees-on-food-stamps/

Note: I did correct a previous post on this thread.

N.

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:00 ----------

I totally agree with you in regards to carrying on and not stressing out over the Jihad. But I think there are some things people can do in the effort to combat it. In San Bernardino the neighbors of the Jihadists said they saw suspicious activity but were hesitant to report it because of political correctness (an oxymoron btw). I wonder what would have happened if they had spoken up?

N.

ankietyjoe
23-07-16, 17:43
Here's a nice fact for you. Three middle east "refugees" brutally raped and urinated on a 5 year old girl in Idaho two weeks ago. Obama imported them here, pal. He along with Merkel and their ilk should be booted out of office today. Get a grip and open your eyes....

And 3 fat white cops shot another black dude

So what?

Isolated incidents don't paint the picture of an entire race you brainwashed moron.

Noivous
23-07-16, 17:55
Hahahaha! What a rube! What are you 13? Come out from your parents basement into the real world someday. you are why Donald Trump is going to win in an absolute landslide. we are not listening to you and your ilk anymore. so go back to smoking pot with your teenage friends and we adults will clean up the messy world that liberal PC BS has wrought.

N.

dale12345
23-07-16, 18:10
I am just tired of brutal violence and death, all of it.

---------- Post added at 17:10 ---------- Previous post was at 17:09 ----------

It's just to much.

Mercime
23-07-16, 19:27
Well for starters countries should immediately stop actively importing so called "refugees" from the middle east. That is the first thing that should be done. In the US 90% of middle eastern "refugees" are on government welfare. That is totally unacceptable. 90% that is a staggering statistic. There is much that can be done.

N.

In London in 2005, there were terrorist attacks on a major scale. Many innocent people lost their lives, 4 people deliberately killed them.
3 of them were born in Leeds, North England, and the other was Jamaican, but had spent many years in the UK. The perpetrators of the biggest attack we had ever seen in this country, were born and raised here. Not middle Eastern.

For me, the individuals that carry out atrocities are brainwashed. Decimating entire countries under the premise of tackling extremism and terrorist groups - under the premise of targeting the "source" hasn't worked. Our ex prime minister took our soldiers into Iraq because there were weapons of mass destruction - there weren't. I'm not going to get into the immigration debate, because I don't think for one second, we could ever stop brainwashed lunatics from their agenda. Wherever they may come from.

Noivous
23-07-16, 20:42
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/07/23/bbc-scrubs-muslim-name-ali-munich-killer-article/

Doesn't matter where they were born. Were they Jihadists? How many were murdered in the south of France last week? Jihadists. Paris? Jihadists. Boston? Jihadists Fort Hood? Jihadists. Orlando? Jihadists. San Bernardino? Jihadists. London? Jihadists. There are no lone wolves in the Jihad. They are burning children alive in cages. Sexually assaulting 1200 women in Germany on New Years eve. These horrible event's are called realities.

---------- Post added at 19:42 ---------- Previous post was at 19:40 ----------

Oh yeah how could I forget...3000 Americans murdered in one day on 911. Jihadists.

flipp
23-07-16, 23:02
What about the 600 thousand innocent men,women and children killed I Iraq,you are a fool.Not all "middle Easterners" are terrorist,stop trying to scare people.

---------- Post added at 08:02 ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 ----------

So what?

Isolated incidents don't paint the picture of an entire race you brainwashed moron.

Short memories N.What about the people in the South with white sheets over heads,lynching black people?

Noivous
23-07-16, 23:12
Trying to scare people? Are you nuts? You're the fool. These are realities, friend. Wake up.

And to be honest if that's how you feel then you should be supporting Trump (though you don't get a vote here I know). He said we never should have gone into Iraq. And he wants the USA out of the middle east. That's what you left wing lunatics have been saying forever - get out of the middle east. Leave them alone. Now you got a guy in Trump that agrees with you. He is the non-globalist, non-interventionist.

I gotta believe you have to be one of the "Remainers" that just wants to be taken care of.

Hahahaha - "stop trying to scare people"...that's rich coming from a lefty.

There's a left wing guy here with a left wing talk show named Bill Maher (in reality he's a comedian - that's where most lefties get their info from - comedians). And this left wing guy had a Middle East expert on the other day. And he asked the expert - how much of the muslim population would be considered radical. The answer was 20%. That's 200 Million people that would be considered radical. And that estimate is coming from a liberal talk show.

You better get your head out of the sand friend. Because if you don't it's going to wind up there all by itself.

N.

---------- Post added at 22:12 ---------- Previous post was at 22:08 ----------

What about the 600 thousand innocent men,women and children killed I Iraq,you are a fool.Not all "middle Easterners" are terrorist,stop trying to scare people.

---------- Post added at 08:02 ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 ----------

Short memories N.What about the people in the South with white sheets over heads,lynching black people?

AHHHHHHAHAHAHAHA!!:roflmao: THE RACE CARD COMING FROM A LEFTY! YOU CAN SET YOUR WATCH BY IT!! The default insult of the left. So predictable. Forget it pal. That doesn't phase me in the least coming from your side. Your side has thrown that charge out so often you have rendered it meaningless. Too funny:yahoo:

Mercime
23-07-16, 23:21
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/07/23/bbc-scrubs-muslim-name-ali-munich-killer-article/

Doesn't matter where they were born. Were they Jihadists? How many were murdered in the south of France last week? Jihadists. Paris? Jihadists. Boston? Jihadists Fort Hood? Jihadists. Orlando? Jihadists. San Bernardino? Jihadists. London? Jihadists. There are no lone wolves in the Jihad. They are burning children alive in cages. Sexually assaulting 1200 women in Germany on New Years eve. These horrible event's are called realities.

---------- Post added at 19:42 ---------- Previous post was at 19:40 ----------

Oh yeah how could I forget...3000 Americans murdered in one day on 911. Jihadists.

You raised the topic of Middle Eastern immigration, not Jihad. I think you are missing my point here. You believe that a blanket ban on all Middle Eastern immigration will stop these kinds of atrocities, I don't. I do not believe that the entire Middle East are Daesh supporters who intend to kill or maim, do you, or is it just playing safe to keep them all out, just in case a few madmen go on the rampage?

I believe that many are subjected to extreme religious rule, including torture, and there are very many who are now also homeless and have nothing because they have been bombed almost into oblivion. Which we hear little about now by the way, the campaign in Syria. The bombing goes on, yet the terror attacks go on. And those caught in the middle, innocent people, continue to lose lives and suffer, just as those caught in the Western attacks lose lives and suffer.

---------- Post added at 23:21 ---------- Previous post was at 23:19 ----------

You know something? This is out of order, taking this thread and turning it into a political football. There's a thread elsewhere by Noivousetc - how about leaving that crap there where it belongs?

flipp
23-07-16, 23:30
Oh please stop making me laugh,you don't know me. I am not a lefty as You call me,and as far as getting my head out of the sand, I would rather it there as to what is inside your head friend.We are all allowed to use our voice to speak,you seem to think it is your way or the highway. Enough said.

---------- Post added at 08:30 ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 ----------

You raised the topic of Middle Eastern immigration, not Jihad. I think you are missing my point here. You believe that a blanket ban on all Middle Eastern immigration will stop these kinds of atrocities, I don't. I do not believe that the entire Middle East are Daesh supporters who intend to kill or maim, do you, or is it just playing safe to keep them all out, just in case a few madmen go on the rampage?

I believe that many are subjected to extreme religious rule, including torture, and there are very many who are now also homeless and have nothing because they have been bombed almost into oblivion. Which we hear little about now by the way, the campaign in Syria. The bombing goes on, yet the terror attacks go on. And those caught in the middle, innocent people, continue to lose lives and suffer, just as those caught in the Western attacks lose lives and suffer.

You know something? This is out of order, taking this thread and turning it into a political football. There's a thread elsewhere on Brexit etc - how about leaving that crap there where it belongs?

Well said :D

dale12345
23-07-16, 23:47
I think we can just agree that most of use won't agree on theses things. Everybody has a right their own opinion. That just my opinion not that it means anything. Beth

Noivous
23-07-16, 23:59

You know something? This is out of order, taking this thread and turning it into a political football. There's a thread elsewhere on Brexit etc - how about leaving that crap there where it belongs?

Please - let me take your post one point at a time.

You said "you believe" in regards to blanket immigration. I'm not sure how you know what I believe but let that go. I expect you are referring to what you think Trump believes. And I would venture to guess that you don't in fact know what Trump's policy would be.

Ah yes, Daesh...the word of the week from the lefties (not you - the politicians). First it was Hamas, then Al-Qaeda, Isis, Isil...and now Daesh...a friendlier Jihadist we can live with. Obama once called them the JV team...that would make his team the powder puff team.

I agree with you, Mercime. it's a living hell hole over there. The US should get out and stay out.

You said - playing it safe by keeping them all out. Let me ask - someone tells you I'm going to give you 20 boxes to store in your home for me. But one of the boxes is going to explode and kill one of your family members...but just one family member. What would you say? A simple analogy I grant you. But you get the idea.

The US, nor any country, should let a group of people inside their borders, when their is strong evidence that some in that group are going to cause serious harm (which the head of Homeland Security just admitted) or death to the citizens of that country...even one citizen. They do not have a right to come to the US or any other country where they are not a citizen.

N.

---------- Post added at 22:59 ---------- Previous post was at 22:51 ----------

I think we can just agree that most of use won't agree on theses things. Everybody has a right their own opinion. That just my opinion not that it means anything. Beth

Haha...Your opinion means a lot, Beth. As does everyone's here. Actually your opinion means more than most on this thread. At least you are a citizen of the country in question - ours.:)

Mercime
24-07-16, 00:36
Please - let me take your post one point at a time.

You said "you believe" in regards to blanket immigration. I'm not sure how you know what I believe but let that go. I expect you are referring to what you think Trump believes. And I would venture to guess that you don't in fact know what Trump's policy would be.

Ah yes, Daesh...the word of the week from the lefties (not you - the politicians). First it was Hamas, then Al-Qaeda, Isis, Isil...and now Daesh...a friendlier Jihadist we can live with. Obama once called them the JV team...that would make his team the powder puff team.

I agree with you, Mercime. it's a living hell hole over there. The US should get out and stay out.

You said - playing it safe by keeping them all out. Let me ask - someone tells you I'm going to give you 20 boxes to store in your home for me. But one of the boxes is going to explode and kill one of your family members...but just one family member. What would you say? A simple analogy I grant you. But you get the idea.

The US, nor any country, should let a group of people inside their borders, when their is strong evidence that some in that group are going to cause serious harm (which the head of the CIA just admitted) or death to the citizens of that country...even one citizen. They do not have a right to come to the US or any other country where they are not a citizen.

N.

---------- Post added at 22:59 ---------- Previous post was at 22:51 ----------

Haha...Your opinion means a lot, Beth. As does everyone's here. Actually your opinion means more than most on this thread. At least you are a citizen of the country in question - ours.:)

The OP is from the UK, and the original post was pertaining to the Munich attacks - also a European country.

Believe it or not Noivous, I don't watch any news relating to politics in the US, I have no interest in Trump, or Obama, so I wouldn't have a clue as to Trump's policies - not all the world is watching with baited breath, so my comments are not coming from that angle.
Back to immigration, just briefly in answer to your post because I think the thread is being derailed somewhat. Nope, I don't actually know what you believe, that's true. Calling for all Middle Eastern refugees to be banned from entering - only Middle Eastern from what I can gather? - leads me to believe that you are indeed, playing it safe. If we don't let any in, then there is much less chance of terror attacks happening, your analogy would also suggest the same thing. So, if you believe differently, if I have got that wrong, then I apologise - but that certainly seems to be what you are saying on this post.

Regarding friendlier words, I think people need to be credited with some intelligence. The name which they are given has no bearing on how people feel about them.

Lastly, many years ago, there was a sustained campaign by the Irish Provisional Army in this country. Stations were bombed, innocents were blown to bits by bombs left in rubbish bins and postboxes. On that, should we also have refused to let any Irish citizens into this country to live?

War is war. Brainwashed madmen are just that. The anniversary of that Danish madman that took out the lives of many young "lefties" has just passed, and around that anniversary, we have a teenage madman go nuts with a gun. Anyway, this is depressing me and I apologise to Mojo if any of my posts on this thread have made the anxiety worse. We cannot live our lives in fear and hiding.

One final note. I know there are probably a few here who have no time for him whatsoever, but the speech Ken Livingstone made after the London bombings summed up what so many Londoners felt. It's what I felt, and still feel today.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=kn+livingstone+london+bombings&&view=detail&mid=CD7318790268B7CFA035CD7318790268B7CFA035&rvsmid=4BD1EB900EF1C3CEBED84BD1EB900EF1C3CEBED8&fsscr=0&FORM=VDFSRV

Noivous
24-07-16, 00:44
In regards to hijacking the post you are right.

So I won't carry on with a long rebuttal only to say apologies to Mojo61 at the end...though I could.

That just wouldn't be...cricket. Yes, I believe that's the term:D

MyNameIsTerry
24-07-16, 05:00

So what?

Joe,

There is no need for comments like that. People can talk without disrespectful name calling. It just inflames situations.

---------- Post added at 05:00 ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 ----------

I just want to point out that the correct thread is the one by Noivous, NOT the Brexit thread.

Brexit was/is NOT all about the issues a few of you are discussing here and we need to be clear that issues of terrorism and immigration within the context of Brexit are just elements that are important to some and discussion points for some too.

I don't think Brexit should be seen this way. There are many debates raging online about it and I can't stand the left & right wingers lumping all voters into pots to label us...and I mean for both Remainers & Leavers.

debs71
24-07-16, 12:24
Now it's Munich's turn to suffer. How many more attacks must there be before something is done about this? It is sending my anxiety through the roof and it is now getting to the stage where I'm frightened to go to the supermarket or drive on a motorway. My son is due to go to 2 music festivals in August, I'm terrified that something will happen there!

Getting back to you original post Mojo, my viewpoint is this.

This kind of worry is one of those futile ones. Worry is only productive if we can change something or do something about it. The ability to be proactive helps a lot, as we feel we stand a chance of ridding ourselves of whatever is worrying us, but in this case, when it comes to a HUGE, world problem, we are powerless and there is zilch we can do about it.

It concerns me too, but more so it angers me. It angers me that these fanatical lunatics think they have the right to inflict their lunacy on others, and try to justify it as some 'eye for an eye' mission or religious quest or whatever crap they come up with.

Bottom line is we can't do a damned thing about this, but do we stop everyday life because of it? Stop travelling abroad on holiday? Stop getting on a bus or train in case some nutjob with a explosive rucksack is on it?

Life has to go on.

I live in London, very close to the centre of the city, and my attitude is shockingly blase about the fear of terrorism. I think this is perhaps because I was born and grew up in the 1970's, when the IRA were out in force, striking her, there and everywhere, mostly targetting London.

Same terror these days, just a different face, though IMO FAR more vile and maniacal.

I know this is anxiety inducing. The world is overall a darker place these days, in every sense, but all we can do is be vigilant about our own personal safety as much as is humanly possible and try to LIVE, rather than focus on what may or may not happen, as that is no life at all. Let your son go to his festivals and ENJOY himself, which I am certain he will do. xx:hugs:

MyNameIsTerry
24-07-16, 12:51
Getting back to you original post Mojo, my viewpoint is this.

This kind of worry is one of those futile ones. Worry is only productive if we can change something or do something about it. The ability to be proactive helps a lot, as we feel we stand a chance of ridding ourselves of whatever is worrying us, but in this case, when it comes to a HUGE, world problem, we are powerless and there is zilch we can do about it.

It concerns me too, but more so it angers me. It angers me that these fanatical lunatics think they have the right to inflict their lunacy on others, and try to justify it as some 'eye for an eye' mission or religious quest or whatever crap they come up with.

Bottom line is we can't do a damned thing about this, but do we stop everyday life because of it? Stop travelling abroad on holiday? Stop getting on a bus or train in case some nutjob with a explosive rucksack is on it?

Life has to go on.

I live in London, very close to the centre of the city, and my attitude is shockingly blase about the fear of terrorism. I think this is perhaps because I was born and grew up in the 1970's, when the IRA were out in force, striking her, there and everywhere, mostly targetting London.

Same terror these days, just a different face, though IMO FAR more vile and maniacal.

I know this is anxiety inducing. The world is overall a darker place these days, in every sense, but all we can do is be vigilant about our own personal safety as much as is humanly possible and try to LIVE, rather than focus on what may or may not happen, as that is no life at all. Let your son go to his festivals and ENJOY himself, which I am certain he will do. xx:hugs:

Debs,

I think you are right. I grew up in that era and with being close to Birmingham, people were on alert in my city too.

As scary as this sounds to some, we had numerous bomb threats. We just got on with it and didn't give it much thought after the initial shock discussions. Life just sort of took over and everyday events were more of a gripe than the threats were.

I don't doubt they affected others more deeply but I guess we grew up with it.

This lot are worse, their drivers are very different but we need to carry on and not give into fear.

And how about another perspective. My mum & dad were young kids in WWII but they say they can still remember the sirens and the fear sitting in shelters. We can learn from their parent's generation - they pulled together and life went on and they went through far worse than any of this.

pulisa
24-07-16, 13:07
Yes they certainly did and our lifestyles today are incredibly cushy compared to what their generation endured on a daily basis.

I used to work in Intelligence and my workplace was always a target but we just got on with it. I think the 24 hour rolling news programmes certainly alert people to everything that's going on in the world today including blanket coverage of terrorist activities whereas in the past no one knew as much as people had to rely on newspaper reports or the "wireless". Today reporters are on the spot straightaway to report on atrocities and for anxious people this may be too much to cope with?

Mojo61
24-07-16, 13:16
I think you are right Pulisa, the TV and media has got a lot to answer for when it comes to coverage of these events. Sky News is one of the worst; they had all but said that the Munich attack was the work of ISIS, but we now know differently of course.

pulisa
24-07-16, 13:36
Sky News "loves" all this-it's food and drink to them and the more alarmist they can be the "better" the programme. They just go for the jugular in terms of blood and gore

swgrl09
24-07-16, 14:05
Mojo, I know how you feel about being nervous. My husband and I were in a shopping mall Friday night, and although I wasn't too nervous to go, my thoughts still had the multiple shootings and other attacks in my mind. My husband travels for work quite frequently and I had gotten to the point where it was didn't make me anxious or nervous anymore, but now that is changing.

I completely recognize that we can't do anything about it individually, however I think that is what fuels my fears - the powerlessness. The terrorists are not going to keep me from living my life and I will keep going places, and my husband is not going to quit his job either. But there is added anxiety now to these normal daily things. I mean here in the USA it feels like every day we wake up to another tragedy. It's unsettling.