PDA

View Full Version : Colds making hyperventilation worse

Rennie1989
20-03-07, 10:11
Hiya

My panic attacks are always caused by hyperventilation, especially when in an environment where there is lack of oxygen (ie the London Underground .... :mad:).

I have this cold at the moment (again!) and my throat is plemgy (sp? pleigm-ey ... something like that) and my nose is blocked up. I'm not having a panic attack but on occasions I get a little worried that I'm suffocating and start to hyperventilate slightly.

Do you guys get this too :huh: ?

Jimbo
20-03-07, 10:20
I get this too, with my panic attacks I often feel like I can't breath or get enough air in, and of course then hyperventilate. Over the last week I've had a bit of a cough and flemmy like you (it might be from smoking too much:blush:). It does seem to make it worse, maybe just because it gives me more reason to worry about my breathing I think.

I was on the underground recently for the first time in ages, the air down there is awful! Glad I don't live in London and have to deal with those tubes all the time, they are anxiety inducing enough for so many reasons, let alone the air!

Jim