PDA

View Full Version : Raw peanut= food poisoning???

misslove
22-07-16, 22:51
I got peanuts in the shell today at the grocery store. Figured it'd be something different well anyway they aren't cooked. I ate one and then saw on the bag that it has ax warning that it's raw and could contain bacteria and to make sure it's cooked. So now I'm afraid I'm gonna spend my weekend in the bathroom.:/ I always thought peanuts were always raw. Guess I learned something. Ugh I hope I don't get sick!

Lifelonganxiety!
22-07-16, 23:01
It's perfectly safe. Eating raw peanuts is not a problem at all. If you consumed a lot, over a long period of time, it can cause some problems but eating it raw is just like eating anything else natural like an apple or banana.

MyNameIsTerry
22-07-16, 23:04
My dad used to eat monkey nuts a lot.

Disclaimers can be more about companies covering themselves legally. If there were a food safety issue, would they be on sale?

Lifelonganxiety!
22-07-16, 23:08
My dad used to eat raw sausages and sugar sandwiches. What was that all about?! ;)

MyNameIsTerry
22-07-16, 23:45
My dad used to eat raw sausages and sugar sandwiches. What was that all about?! ;)

Perhaps he is a trend setter? Like combining chocolate with crisps. :D

misslove
23-07-16, 00:49
Hey now I am a fan of ketchup and potato chips! Also ketchup and cucumbers. My mom always said I was an oddball. Thanks guys. Got a bit paranoid after I saw the label. My instincts say it would have been recalled if they were making people sick. the squirrels can still have them!

Lifelonganxiety!
25-07-16, 17:44
So did you get sick from it? I'm going to guess not!

misslove
26-07-16, 02:59
Nope! Thanks for asking!