PDA

View Full Version : I'm going INSANE!!! Need advice

Bmorgy05
22-07-16, 23:21
Where to start.....
I suffer with health anxiety to the most extreme since having my last bany 11 months ago. I've always been a worrier, but now it's out of control.

I have had these blue/purple spots in between my two both teeth on my guns for a couple of years at least. Several months my health anxiety lead me to investigate my oral cavity. BIG MISTAKE!!! I found another darker spot on my bottom gum. I all but ran to my dentist. He brushed it off, told me it was pigmentation, not to google... EVER, and that it was not cancer. A few weeks later I go back for an infected wisdom tooth. Again, I mention my gums to him and he said "this is nothing". A week later I had a consult with an oral surgeon about my wisdom teeth. She looked at "the spot" as well and said it definitely needed to be biopsied and was very rude about it. Of course I was frantic because that's not what my dentist had told me. So, I go to 2 more dentists who also agreed it was pigmentation and it was a cosmetic issue. Well most people would stop worrying about it after 3 doctors all said to forget it but I can't help but think about that oral surgeon. Now I'm torn. Do I get the biopsy or do I not mess with it. It's driving me absolutely insane. I don't want to waste my money on something that isn't necessary either. Please help!!!

Fishmanpa
23-07-16, 00:00
I'd go with the 3 out of 4 but that's just me :)

Positive thoughts

Bmorgy05
23-07-16, 02:08
Thank you for your insight!!! It's greatly appreciated! 😊