PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, looking for help with severe health anxiety!

BrokenGirl
22-07-16, 23:48
Hi everyone,

I've suffered from health anxiety on and off for the last 7/8 years. These past couple of months have been a nightmare for me. Every time I think I'm getting a little better I just seem to fall down even further. And of course Dr Google is my worst enemy. I wish I could erase everything I've ever read from my mind......
I currently am convinced I have oral cancer. I've been like a mad person for the last few days looking up the internet, hoping for reassurance but of course never getting it!!!
I'm going through a really bad patch now with HA so I'm hoping this forum will be a step in the right direction for me.
Sorry for going on a bit!!!

venusbluejeans
22-07-16, 23:54
Hiya BrokenGirl and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
27-07-16, 13:07
Good morning BrokenGirl and welcome to NMP. Sorry to hear you are having HA issues, I understand where it is you're coming from. Every time I'm a little out of breath or whatever I'm checking my heart. Just to give you something else to look up on the Internet other than "Dr. Google" I suggest checking out meditation.

You mentioned clearing your mind, well through meditation the point is to focus on your breathing and allowing the thoughts to float by. This is a very abbreviated explanation of meditation, but it is one of tools I use against anxiety. Also a book by Dr. Jeffery Brantley "Calming your Anxious Mind" is a good read on the subject; as well as the works of Buddhist monk Thich Nhat Hanh. He also has You Tube videos I find informative and comforting on meditation and life.

I hope you find these sources helpful, living with anxiety isn't fun and these two prospectives on meditation have helped me. Best to you on your journey.