PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumour worry

hunny
20-03-07, 11:57
Hi

Im so worried i have a brain tumour

Ive had a strange headache,sort of mask like numb sensation with pressure on one side of my head for weeks now.My ear feels blocked and my eye on that side keeps twitching and it feels sticky and i cant see properly from it,its all blurry like a film over it and i find it difficult to read :(

I googled and it says brain tumour.I know i should see the Dr but im too scared to
I had a FBC,Thyroid,Liver and kidney bloods taken a few weeks ago.The liver one was a bit high but they werent going to follow it up...
My thyroid is a bit underactive too(which may explain the weight gain and awful hair loss :( ive been having too
Im falling to bits!
I also had an ESR blood test in December
Oh,also ive been so dizzy and unsteady and the left side of my body feels weak although my husband says it isnt
Would any of these tests show a brain tumour,or if anything was untoward?
Im terrified ,i feel awful

Hunny x

fairbairn
20-03-07, 12:18
I also tend to worry that i have a tumor as i suffer headaches,dizziness,anxiety,list goes forever.I think the only way to get over it and to stop worrying is to see the doctor and ask him outright to test you to set your mind at ease.

DavidJ85
20-03-07, 14:53
I think a neurological examination would show this up, correct if I'm wrong.

I'm paranoid I have one too and am booked into the neurological centre in April to put my mind at rest.

I have frequent headaches, dizziness, tingling fingers and always feel like one side of my body is affected, you're not alone!

nell1965
20-03-07, 18:08
Hi
Hunny, i think you have to see the doctor,not because i think that you have a brain tumour but because YOU DO.This will cause the symptoms you are having to become worse and other symptoms to start appearing through anxiety. The doc can do a simple few basic neurological tests which will put your mind at rest,the symptoms that you are describing are also classic anxiety symptoms and it is much more likely to be the cause of your problems than a brain tumour.... you could google anything and it would point towards cancer,i could put in stubbed toe and im sure at some point or another cancer would be mentioned. Nothing but nothing can take the place of an accurate history taking and examination. Please try to stop your mind running away with itself and go see your doc.
thinking of you

nomorepanic
20-03-07, 18:30
Hi
you could google anything and it would point towards cancer,i could put in stubbed toe and im sure at some point or another cancer would be mentioned.

Nell - excellent reply there - most helpful.

Just to test your theory I googled for "splinter finger cancer" (I have loads of splinters from gardening the other day and am sitting here digging them out with a needle).

Anyway, sure enough I found a post about splinters in fingers leading to cancer.

There you go see - you can search for whatever you want and find it.

Of course as worriers we skip over the bits that give the simple explanation and keep reading more and more sites until we find one that confirms what we thought all along - cancer, brain tumour etc.

My mum's friend has a brain tumour and you do not have the same symptoms she has/had in the past so please don't think it is that.

Certainly see the doc for reassurance though.

wildchildajx18
20-03-07, 19:46
OMG !! so have i been worrying and i can totally relate to "you could google anything and it would point towards cancer,i could put in stubbed toe and im sure at some point or another cancer would be mentioned" Because everytime i look something up it leads towards cancer. DO NOT look up symptoms on the internet because you will get a million and 1 things that you dont have. It will make anxiety worse . I have a lump on the back of my head and swollen glands i was so scared it was a brain tumor found out it was a blocked hair thingy w/e it is and the swollen glands were due to an infection. I also had tingling in one side of the head. Believe me I know people who have had brain tumors and they cant even get out of bed. And people around you would notice that you had it also.

Catwoman
23-03-07, 15:37
Like you I always thought I had a brain tumour as I had symptoms of constant headaches, and sometimes my head would go numb, my heart would race etc..
I did not think I was long for this world. They did an MRI on me and there was nothing there, it was migraines. I say go to the doc, ask to be tested, then you know for sure there is nothing serious physically. Then you know its mental symptoms like stress, it will put your mind at rest.

Good luck:winks:

DavidJ85
24-03-07, 11:25
Will they do an MRI scan in a neurological examination?

looking4answers
01-04-07, 05:08
Well if it is then most of us have brain tumor..I feel like what you described on a daily basis. .somedays all day somedays some of the day and somedays no..Its anxiety and sinus and being aware that your sinuses and your tension is making you feel that way which in turn gives you weakness from the anxiety .Its like the domino effect ,one thing causes the others.. and well I feel fairly sure to tell you that you do not in fact have anything wrong with your brain..I have a friend that is a head nurse 30 years and I tell her all the time what I feel and she says no..its anxiety and depression keep going and it will go away..Easier said than done but so far she has been right and im still alive so maybe i said something that will help you here I dont know but I could almost bet you that no its not a brain tumor nor anything related to that ..its mostly just anxiety ..Its funny as I read all these symptoms on these pages I realise that most of them I have on a daily basis..and they change from day to day and some stay the same..The biggest thing with anxiety and hypocondria is that its easily recognized by most doctors ..there are too many unrelated symptoms happening at one time or there are too few of the ones that would relate to a specific condition such as mine..I also have missed heartbeats all my life ..sometimes really bad and other times mild but everyday ..I just thought about it and remembering I have noticed them all my life.I was even on a holter monitor one time and push the button maybe 100 times in a 24 hour period and the doctor said they didnt find one missed beat.Now thats odd..I maybe a hypocondriac or health anxiety person but Im pretty sure I hope that im not crazy but still feel and know that I have missed heartbeats..and they say everybody does so well im 52 so what can I say .. Hope I helped somehow

Trixie
25-08-08, 05:31
Like you I always thought I had a brain tumour as I had symptoms of constant headaches, and sometimes my head would go numb, my heart would race etc..
I did not think I was long for this world. They did an MRI on me and there was nothing there, it was migraines. I say go to the doc, ask to be tested, then you know for sure there is nothing serious physically. Then you know its mental symptoms like stress, it will put your mind at rest.

Good luck:winks:

I have a brain tumour and touch wood no headaches as yet (mine was found by accident)

xxlisaxx08
25-08-08, 06:19
Please google symptoms! You either get the words "terminal" or "cancer" returned. I used to do this when I first started having panic attacks and it made my anxiety 100 times worse and I started to worry all the time.

I have had the symptoms you described and it turned out to be tension headaches. Try massaging your temples and have you tried a relaxation CD? I find this really helpful

Lisa x