PDA

View Full Version : Cough

toria
23-07-16, 12:13
I have had a cough for weeks now as well as bad sinuses and ear very congested drs says I am very run down at the minute so things are lingering today I am very worried about my cough as it's just not going I am blowing my nose constantly and now and again cough up stuff which is yellow/ green but since last night and this morning but not all the time I feel a bit breathless whish I am worried about not sure if it's my health anxiety and panic which is making me feel like I can't breath have it on and off a lot or if it's the do with cough I have been to drs a couple of times listened to my chest etc and said it's viral all fine but can't convince myself and panicking it's something serious I have no fever or anything please if any advice would be great.

dorabella
24-07-16, 22:47
Ever considered that it might be hay fever?

I've been having the same symptoms as you for a few weeks - sneezing, stuffy nose alternating with runny nose, sore throat, coughing up green and clear phlegm... thought I had a cold virus ... only when my eyelids started feeling itchy and sore yesterday and my mum suggested it might be hay fever did I look it up and noticed that the symptoms matched.

It's also called non-allergic rhinitis, and I was diagnosed with this some years ago during a hot dry summer. Thought nothing of it at the time but have since considered that I often start to get that 'bunged up' feeling when the warm
humid weather comes along. Never thought it was hay fever.

toria
24-07-16, 23:39
Hi thanks for your reply,someone else mentioned that it could be hayfever I might try a antihistamine and see if it helps.