PDA

View Full Version : Hello, no more panic

MB155
23-07-16, 16:29
Hello All,

sorry for long intro! I am 34 year old male, never been hit with anxiety until the last 12 months, started with the more physical symptoms which were scary but manageable, cut a long story short had a bad year in 2015, broke my leg and was in plaster for 3 months, being a sportsman this stopped my outlet of stress relief! always had a stressful job that i love but it was with other things a little more intense last year than usual, anyway was looking forward to my holiday in cyprus when i finally managed to switch off and BOOM! 5 days in to the holiday had all sorts of chronic anxiety including intrusive thoughts and really has frightened me! since the holiday 6-8 weeks ago, anxiety has taken over and my mind cant focus on anything except the what ifs? the irrational fears and when is this going to stop? , i have read that stress has a huge factor in anxiety but also read that anxiety can be relaxed induced! reading all of the different forms of anxiety i could be suffering from them all! anyone had anything similar? On another note hello to everyone!

venusbluejeans
23-07-16, 16:34
Hiya MB155 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Mark13
25-07-16, 16:19
Hi. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll benefit from being here, just as I have.

wilko
26-07-16, 22:47
Hiya and welcome :)