PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm coonfused

Cindy
20-03-07, 12:49
Hi
Last year I started getting anxiety (last year April) I had an ecg,heart scans and treadmill tests done as well as blood tests a lot done,An upper endoscope abdominal x-rays and anemia test ,abdominal scans which all came back normal well after a few months I started feeling better from a whole lot of symptoms that I suffered.But now i am costantly dizzy and I had my blood pressure checked it was 90/50 ,then I had it checked a week after that it was 100/60 but the strange thing is it don't stay low all day.I went to the doc he suggested a urine test it came back normal ,then I had a blood glucose test done and my sugar levels were normal.I never suffered from low blood before but they not telling me that I have low blood doc just said I must eat more salt in my diet and thinks i could be a bit dehydrated but I still get the dizziness from time to time and I'm really scared my anxiety is over the top write now thinking something seriosly could be wrong with me do i need to go for more test again???

RLR
20-03-07, 13:09
It's important to remember that blood pressure is a dynamic process, meaning that it changes constantly to meet both internal and environmental demands.

In other words, just before you wake in the morning, you'll find your blood pressure to be on the low end of what is normal for you. As you rise for the day, your blood pressure might increase 20mm or more both systolic and diastolic in order for the body to accommodate changes in energy requirements, etc. Once you arrive to work for the day and experience different stressors, your pressure will again fluctuate in response. Then, as you return home and become relaxed for a period, your pressure will fall to the lower end once again. This is an entirely normal process and takes place every day, virtually without awareness.

As your diagnostic tests have returned negative, we'll call this a very good thing and you should take a breath and relax. I'm not so certain that I would advocate the increased intake of salt in your diet unless your lab results indicate a sodium deficiency of some type. If you are indeed mildly dehydrated, then increasing your sodium will aggrevate the condition. It would be more advisable to increase your fluid intake and simply take care to see that your electrolytes, sodium and potassium particularly, are adequate.

If your pressure continues to remain low and is accompanied by weight gain and general malaise, then it might be worth checking your thyroid function. I doubt there's anything unusual going on, but if symptoms persist it would be advisable if not already screened.

As for the dizziness, it's important to determine whether it is related to hypotension or another cause. Generally, persons with hypotension find the dizziness to actually be light-headedness and is accentuated when standing up too fast from a seated or lying position. Dizziness that occurs when turning the head or adjusting body position, described as the room spinning or similar experience, suggests an inner ear problem.

Cindy
22-03-07, 05:57
Thank you for your response

lotsa luv
Cindy