PDA

View Full Version : Addisons disease worry

shotta287
23-07-16, 18:38
Hi all,
I've been experiencing mild anxiety and poor sleep for about 2 months now but it hasn't been that bad. I've also noticed a patch of browner skin on both of my forearms in the same place (symmetrical). In this past week sometimes when standing up i've felt dizzy for a few seconds and my legs have felt heavier along with feeling a bit more tired than usual. Stupidly enough, after googling my symptoms I came across Addisons disease and now I'm worried! Should I go see my doctor? I had a blood test a few weeks ago which came back all clear I should add. Thank you in advance for your help :)

Fishmanpa
23-07-16, 18:58
Read your own post and you can reassure yourself. Clear blood work vs. a Dr. Google diagnosed extremely rare illness that affects less than 1% of the population. What do you think?

Positive thoughts

KeeKee
23-07-16, 20:00
I've noticed darker patches of skin on myself recently (my elbows, mainly the right and my armpits also). I thought it was linked to PCOS, I've also developed two tinsy skin tags which I've never had before.
As for the dizziness upon standing this is very common and has always happened to me. It also happens to my partner on off occasion and I think it's to do with changing blood pressure upon standing. Very rarely I'll actually get silver sparkles too as though someone has thrown glitter about. I'm sure it will be nothing, as for whether you should go to the doctor, that's entirely your choice.