PDA

View Full Version : Have you tried Lasea?

Pelena
23-07-16, 19:17
Have you tried Lasea?
I'm going to detail below my experience of it, but I would genuinely like to hear other's who have experienced it, and what hiccups or issues you've experienced - have you had similar experiences? Do you feel better because of it? Do you find your symptoms lessened or worse?

I've been suffering with anxiety for a while, and knew I needed to do something about it, but the thought of going to the doctor when they've been a major reason in the anxiety meant it was not an option, and has resulted in the gradual decline to further anxiety and an impaired social life.
I decided to look into alternative anxiety relief, but knew my needs far surpassed Kalms or Rescue remedy. I knew I had a bigger problem when I saw a video of Wil Wheaton describing his GAD (Generalised Anxiety Disorder) and found it incredibly relatable.
I didn't know where, and still don't, of where else to go for support on anxiety other than the internet, but am fortunately I am quite good at finding information in random, somewhat illogical ways on the internet.
I found Lasea from a study about Silexan (another herbal equivalent) and it's comparison to Paroxetine.
As it's made from Lavender, it immediately appealed to me as an alternative. Further research lead me to another study and Lasea. Coming from a bee keeping family, I know there are things that solve modern ailments that are not through your doctor and are far superior too (eg. propolis for throats and help with your immune system, honey on wounds).
I did experience side effects, namely headaches, 'blustering' (as translated from the German information leaflet) and increased appetite for a couple of days, but these were far outweighed by the enormous benefit within hours of taking the first tablet. I can tell you burping and then smelling lavender was the weirdest sensation I experienced.
My inclination to ruminate was gone, the brain foggyness was gone, the social anxiety was gone. Thoughts of opportunities and optimism instead increased ten fold, and my self esteem has sky-rocketed. I am no longer thinking 'I can't do that because I can't say I won't be anxious about it later', I'm thinking, 'I can do that. I just hope this keeps working'.
My habits have immediately changed to respond to my increased self-assurance, meaning the artwork I've done previously which I always thought was 'a little bit sh*t' are now 'works in progress'. It's a small change, which I knew in my head previously would be beneficial, but felt that horrible pit of anxiety when trying to tackle.
I've started being on my computer less and doing more things. It's a small start but I can see where it is heading, and it's wonderful.
My anxiety about volunteering? gone. I've started saying No to previous thoughts that permeated my mind and answering them realistically; no-one is going to think that you're only motive in voluntary work is to gratify yourself, unless of course it is.
My tendency is towards pragmatism, so I can sometimes come across as dry and condescending (when the motive is enthusiasm and progress), but have found that I am suddenly able to be excitable, like I was able to when I was a child; laugh wholeheartedly at myself without feeling ashamed. Laugh without thinking people are judging me. Laugh. And snort. Because that's funny.

Incidentally, if you want a 'safe' way to engage in social situations that can excuse you quickly, a really easy way for me was to engage in board games. This is how I found Wil Wheaton's message about GAD, as he is also the host, and passionate spokesperson, for board games via the Tabletop you tube channel. Board games are in their renaissance, so are no longer seen as uniquely nerdy pastime.