PDA

View Full Version : My sleep anxiety is taking over my life!

Steph1227
23-07-16, 22:12
Last night my sleep anxiety hit me hard, all evening my chest burned and my back was tingling and twitching because of how anxious I was to go to sleep. But I took my Valerian Root and Trazadone and went to bed. I then tossed and turned for half an hour, feeling panicky and really scared, so then I took a .5 mg of Xanax. This eventually put me into a restless sleep for about 3 hours. I woke up at 4:15 or so feeling panicked and in a cold sweat/clammy. I tried going back to sleep but I just felt so bad, my chest still burned and that alone is enough to keep me up. I didn't fall back asleep and ended up getting out of bed at 7:00 after giving up. I took a warm bath in the morning and then slept on the couch for another hour but had to wake up to meet people for a movie. Now I'm home, and I feel overwhelmed with fear about tonight. I am so scared, it is ridiculous. Catastrophic thoughts are filling my head about what will happen tonight. I am so scared I won't sleep and that I'll never sleep normally again. I used to sleep like a baby 2 weeks ago. Now I'm terrified. What do I do? I feel like I'm on the way to spiraling out of control and completely losing it. I can't handle this.

August
25-07-16, 12:30
I don't know if this will help but I got prescribed some amitiptyline (not sure of spelling) for morning migraine I only need to take 10-20mg and it makes me sleep a lot better and not feel groggy or headachey the next day, maybe it would help you sleep. It does make your heart race so I rarely take it, but I don't think it happens to everyone so might be worth a try. I don't know anything about drugs maybe what you're taking is better but I thought I would just throw it out there.