PDA

View Full Version : Mild pain/pounding in head when standing up

countrygirl
23-07-16, 22:13
I have had this in the past without knowing what it was, usually lasts a few days or week then goes away.
Whenever I go from sitting down to standing/walking especially the faster I do it - for a few seconds i can feel/hear a pounding in my head and sometimes I get slight stabbing pain on top of head on one side. Only lasts a few seconds.
I have been taking my blood pressure past few days I have had this and its on the low side at all times.
Just wondered if anyone else ever gets this?

The only other thing is that I have alot of damage to my neck which can give very strange symptoms but no idea if this could be one of them or if its actually quite a common thing in other people at times?

blackbroom
23-07-16, 22:32
Not had the stabbing pain, but often get the pounding when I stand up too quickly. I'm pretty sure it is a low blood pressure thing.

When I was younger, my blood pressure was so low that the people at the surgery used to think the equipment must be broken and were quite surprised when they got a different cuff and it still came up with the same reading. I asked if low blood pressure was a problem and they said, "Only if you're contemplating major surgery"

MyNameIsTerry
24-07-16, 06:14
Could it be nerve or muscular, countrygirl?

With your neck issues, could a nerve get pinched or a muscle compress in some way?

I had nerve spasm in my neck for a couple of weeks and then it went. It was actually quite painful and throbbed like a pulse in the base of my skull. It caused me to hunch my shoulders & grimace in turn with it.

countrygirl
24-07-16, 15:15
Thanks everyone. It is actually in time with my pulse as i forgot to mentint that I have pulsitile tinnitus in one ear so can hear my actual pulse 24/7. I have had this for many years and it was investigated.

I am wondering if its a low blood pressure thing. I have a Gp appt this coming week so will ask about it - chances are I will get a blank look and the comment " only you" as I have such alot of weird symptoms!