PDA

View Full Version : Kinda TMI, really freaked out!

UserName20
24-07-16, 03:13
Hey guys, I'm a 16 (female). My period is about a week late now, it seems to have just disappeared. I'm under a lot of stress from a new job I just stated this month, I'm worried that it's cancer though. My period has disappeared before like this and it's not really regular still. I'm having a problem with my stools, though. Ever since I was little I remember that sometimes, not often, I'll have a bit of blood in my stools and when I wipe. It's literally just specks, though, never a lot of really noticeable really. Well for the past couple of days when I've been going I've been wiping and there's this clear, gooey stuff on the toilet paper. This has happened to me before and it has always freaked me out but it has always gone away. It happened yesterday and when I went again today a bit was there again! I know that mucus can be normal, but I don't think there's supposed to be enough to see it when you wipe! It's completely clear like water on the toilet paper. I googled, things like IBS or colon cancer are coming up! I have had a problem for quite a while with having loose stools randomly that cause an upset stomach, so that scares me even more! I really don't want to go to the Dr. Because I'm way too terrified. Is colon cancer even possible in a 16 year old? Ugh, I just feel like this is related to my period late and that it's cancer. It first started after I passed a pretty hard stool Thursday and then as soon as I noticed that my stomach felt a bit uneasy the rest of the night. At work all day today since I was distracted I didn't feel anything like my stomach hurt but as soon as I went I'm freaked out again thinking my stomach hurts! Has this ever happened to any of you? I know since I've had this weird clear stuff before i should take comfort in knowing it wasn't anything but I'm really scared.

Noivous
24-07-16, 03:18
Don't be afraid. You are so far off it's not funny. You are fine. Some of the older girls on this site will help you out. Believe me you're fine.

UserName20
24-07-16, 03:36
Thank you. I really don't know what to think anymore. I mean every single week something new is wrong with me and it always seems very serious from what I've googled and from sites where people ask dr questions the dr is always telling them all of this serious stuff associated with it and to get checked immediately. If I went to the Dr for everything I would be literally be in there like 3 times a week. I know all of this anxiety I have is making me overreact but every problem I have always seems so serious! I feel like with every new symptom that comes along for me causing me to panic everyone else would feel the same way about it but everyone else has reasonable thinking, my mind automatically shoots to something terminal and torments me. I just wish it would stop

Noivous
24-07-16, 03:52
It will stop for you. It's not easy growing up. Which is what you are doing right now. Hormones are raging. But you are young enough and strong enough to get through it. Hang in there. You'll get through this. Absolutely.

N.

UserName20
25-07-16, 03:13
Thank you, I really am hoping I can get through this. It's so strange, it started last summer because I convinced myself I had lung cancer. Before that I hadn't worried about my health really at all, everything that happened I was able to just shrug it off and tell myself it's normal. I feel a bit better today, I went to the bathroom and it seemed normal... LOL. My period still isn't here, maybe just stress. The only thing really is that my stomach has uneasy feeling still. I think this might just be in my head because when I'm distracted I don't notice it really? All day yesterday at work I felt completely fine, then I came home and later at night in my room all alone I felt it again. Today I was shopping all day and as soon as I'm not distracted anymore I can feel it again. I really wanted to get rid of some of this anxiety on my own but I think I may try to talk to a therapist or something at least. I'm not really good at explaining myself because I get incredibly nervous around people so I'm sure I won't be able to describe how bad it really is for me well enough and they will just dismiss me and figure I'm fine