PDA

View Full Version : Breast cancer fear back again

Jessicasmummy
24-07-16, 10:44
Well for those who have read my previous posts im back again with this fear of having breast cancer again. This is because of all the stuff on the news just now saying alcohol causes breast cancer and to be honest I've drank more than usual the past few weeks. I still get the pain I've been having but i have come to terms that its normal as I've had an ultrasound just over a year ago and attended the breast clinic in Feb and the consultant done an exam and said all feels fine and nothing to do with cancer. But im making myself ill again thinking im going to get it with the alcohol consumption. Im 28

MyNameIsTerry
24-07-16, 10:47
Drinking over a short period of time won't be an issue, it will be long term excessive drinking they are probably talking about - and in the scheme of things, that will cause many potential issues for us.

I haven't see it yet. There always seems to be something in the news about cancer & alcohol, or cancer & fresh air (:winks:). These studies seem to pop up and get overturned by another one months later!

DisgracedAngel
24-07-16, 11:08
First of all, I second what Terry says. Drinking a bit more over a short period is not going to give you cancer.

Also, breast pain is NOT a symptom of breast cancer. It is usually just hormones or a musculoskeletal issue. Have you tried taking evening primrose oil for the pain?

KeeKee
24-07-16, 11:10
What about all the people who smoke and never get breast cancer? What about all the people who drink in excess and never get cancer? Although I strongly do believe these things are risk factors that doesn't mean you will definitely get anything. For the record a very close relative of mine had breast cancer last year and they have never really been an alcohol drinker.
As Terry said it will also be over a long period of time, not just that you've recently been drinking more than normal. Breast cancer usually occurs in women over 40, it's rare in younger people.

---------- Post added at 11:10 ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 ----------

I also get pain. When pain is involved in breast cancer (which it rarely is) it would also show other obvious symptoms and you've already been checked out. My pain is both cyclical and non cyclical.

Fishmanpa
24-07-16, 14:00
As I posted on your previous thread about this...

Since you recognize that drinking causes you to fall into a higher anxiety state and negative thinking, wouldn't cutting back or abstaining be the most logical thing to do? Based on what your experience and the reaction your mind has to alcohol, is it any different than holding your hand over a flame and expecting not to get burned?

Positive thoughts