PDA

View Full Version : Daytime naps

Mojo61
24-07-16, 13:28
For those members who are not out at work all day or looking after small children, do you find yourself feeling so tired that you just want to have a nap in the daytime?

My sleep has been really poor over the past few days and I've been trying hard to avoid napping during the day because I've read that it messes your nighttime sleep up even more. But I'm SO tired that my eyes just start drooping if I'm sitting watching the TV or reading.. Is that a bad thing? I feel guilty sleeping during the day when I should be doing other things like housework or shopping :weep:

KeeKee
24-07-16, 13:35
I'm sure I've read you are on antidepressants, if so they themselves could be making you sleepy. Until i had been off antidepressants over a year (and during my time on them) I absolutely had to nap during the day. I also slept a lot on a night and couldn't get up on a morning at all.

Don't feel guilty sleeping during the day. My parents and grandparents used to have daytime naps just as a norm. I remember Christmases and Sundays them all lying on the floor or settee asleep haha.