PDA

View Full Version : Holiday fear

katyfitz
24-07-16, 20:28
Going on holiday on Wednesday and really sad about it. I always get very anxious that something will happen to me or I'll end up in hospital. I wish I could train my mind to not think that way and enjoy my life. Anxiety truely sucks. Is anyone else going away and feeling like that

BrokenGirl
24-07-16, 22:04
Hey, I'm going on holiday the week after next and I just wish that I could look forward to it and enjoy it like everyone else. It's like you said, Anxiety truly sucks :weep: But for now I'm telling myself that I will enjoy it as best I can (whatever that is) and we will beat this - it just won't happen overnight!
Just try to stay focused on the positive things, but I know this can be hard as anxiety tends to filter out positive thoughts. When you imagine something bad is going to happen just tell yourself that it is only a thought and a thought can't hurt you!! I really hope you enjoy your holiday, and hopefully the change of scenery will do you good xx

Denisse
25-07-16, 05:09
I know how that feels like. Yesterday my sister and I went for a walk at 11 pm (catching that pokemon) and I though something was gonna go horribly wrong (rape, kidnap, murder, etc) but it was fine. Your worry Its not a sign, its anxiety. Don't stress:)