PDA

View Full Version : Personal question

ElleNicole
24-07-16, 21:55
I am 21 year old female. I had a miscarriage back in March. My anxiety started up really bad, worse than ever in May. Could all of this really be attributed to my miscarriage? If so any thoughts as to why it started 2 months after and not right away? Thanks.

Noivous
24-07-16, 23:52
Sometimes anxiety onset can be gradual and you don't even notice it. That's what happened to me. So yes sometimes it is delayed. Mine actually started after a long period of intense stress but not during. sometimes things take a while to sink in also. maybe something like that is going on with you without you even realizing it.

N.

Stressed32
25-07-16, 00:05
I am so sorry for your loss! My anxiety first started 6 months or so after my first miscarriage I think bc I worried about why we were not getting pregnant again! It took years. Once pregnant, I worried about losing her bc of the loss I'd had. Then I went on in 5 years to have 2 more babies, 3 more losses. I worried each time and had a heart beat Doppler..which in a sense was body checking. Now, I personally think I am so trained to worrying that now that I'm not pregnant, I find other Heath issues. Anyway...sorry for the babble...yes, miscarriage can lead to a lot of worry. Hormones don't help either!

debs71
25-07-16, 00:10
I am 21 year old female. I had a miscarriage back in March. My anxiety started up really bad, worse than ever in May. Could all of this really be attributed to my miscarriage? If so any thoughts as to why it started 2 months after and not right away? Thanks.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Sorry for your loss.

Indeed, it could. You had a traumatic experience, so it is highly possible that this triggered your later anxiety. As Noivous said, often anxiety is a slow burn. It doesn't always exhibit itself right away....it kind of catches up with you psychologically later on.

I had a breakdown after a period of depression, then anxiety and panic many years ago. Mine was triggered by a physical health issue that stopped me from working, and I went into a spiral downwards, but my doctor actually said that it wasn't just that one event that triggered it. She said that a mental health issue comes after often YEARS of stress, various life worries and other stuff that at the time you just push to the back of your mind, and try to get on with life. She said that it eventually culminates in an explosion like anxiety, panic, depression, etc......like a snowball effect over time.

At the time I thought this was nonsense, but when I felt better I saw that she was right, looking back on my life.

Anxiety can be a sneaky thing. We don't sometimes feel traumatised or over burdened immediately after the event/stress, but it sits in our psyche and catches up. xx:hugs:

dale12345
25-07-16, 00:22
I am so sorry for your loss , happen to me too. It is devastating I know , I am here if you need to talk.:hugs:

Noivous
25-07-16, 00:25
I'm so sorry to hear that. Sorry for your loss.

Indeed, it could. You had a traumatic experience, so it is highly possible that this triggered your later anxiety. As Noivous said, often anxiety is a slow burn. It doesn't always exhibit itself right away....it kind of catches up with you psychologically later on.

I had a breakdown after a period of depression, then anxiety and panic many years ago. Mine was triggered by a physical health issue that stopped me from working, and I went into a spiral downwards, but my doctor actually said that it wasn't just that one event that triggered it. She said that a mental health issue comes after often YEARS of stress, various life worries and other stuff that at the time you just push to the back of your mind, and try to get on with life. She said that it eventually culminates in an explosion like anxiety, panic, depression, etc......like a snowball effect over time.

At the time I thought this was nonsense, but when I felt better I saw that she was right, looking back on my life.

Anxiety can be a sneaky thing. We don't sometimes feel traumatised or over burdened immediately after the event/stress, but it sits in our psyche and catches up. xx:hugs:

Great explanation, Deb. You described it to a tee and very well. That was me in a nut shell...literally! lol.

N.

ElleNicole
25-07-16, 00:34
Thank you everyone for replying. I literally think about it daily and idk why I'm finding it so hard to get over. And I don't mean get over I mean more like accept it. This all started with a simple stiff shoulder ache and I have escalated it thinking I now have a brain tumor and I physically feel sick everyday and I constantly worry if I will live to have kids and I'm also getting married in September and I worry that I won't make it to my wedding and it's all just escalating and idk how to stop. I'm going to call a psychologist in the next couple of days and I'm going to go for a cat scan and MRI to ease my mind. I can't live like this very day. It's miserable. Anxiety and depression has taken over and I'm ready to be back in control!

Noivous
25-07-16, 00:39
You've got a lot going on and you've been through a lot. Try to slow down your thinking. You'll get through this. Everything you are feeling in regards to having something physically wrong with you is anxiety related. Hang in there. I mean it wouldn't be normal if you didn't feel bad after what you've been through. It will take a little time but you'll get through it for sure.

N.

dale12345
25-07-16, 03:49
The miscarriage is tramatic loss, don't beat yourself up for feeling like this . Anxiety and depression will get better . You will be okay .