PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram is HELPING

TheMusicGuy6
24-07-16, 22:14
Hey guys!

I've disappeared for a while!
But I'm back, and I want to share with those in doubt, how Citalopram has been helping me....

I've struggled with anxiety since May 2013, and up until Feburary 2016, I've had the worst time in my life. Panic attacks, anxious feelings, depersonalisation, mood swings, you name it, I've had it. I had Diazepam and Beta Blockers for a short space of time, but they were never a fix that lasted long.

So, I grabbed anxiety by the balls, in Feburary 2016, and took it on. I visited the doctor, who read over my history of visits as I was worried about my heart, etc.
I suggested to her that I wanted to try anti-depressants, based on my research from this forum!
She seemed more than happy to, and prescribed me 10mg of Citalopram.
I had a few side effects, but after 4 weeks, noticed a huge difference, and she then had me up to 20mg, which I've been on since.
I've been feeling a lot better, more confident, no panic whatsoever, it's helped me BIG TIME.
There's maybe been a week or so, where I haven't felt the best, but I've risen above it, and came back stronger!

So I just want to reassure anyone just starting on Citalopram, wait out the side effects, it's nothing that you can't get over :flowers:

Mojo61
24-07-16, 22:50
What great news, I'm so pleased for you and also that you chose to share your story and give hope to those of us who are still struggling.

Can I ask how long it was before you started noticing a significant improvement? I've been on Citalopram for 15 weeks now (12 on 10mg and 3 on 20mg) but I'm still finding it very difficult and it is very hard to hold onto hope that there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

swgrl09
25-07-16, 02:59
Nice to hear a positive outcome :)

TheMusicGuy6
28-07-16, 23:53
What great news, I'm so pleased for you and also that you chose to share your story and give hope to those of us who are still struggling.

Can I ask how long it was before you started noticing a significant improvement? I've been on Citalopram for 15 weeks now (12 on 10mg and 3 on 20mg) but I'm still finding it very difficult and it is very hard to hold onto hope that there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

Hey Mojo!

It was around about 3 months, i noticed an improvement.
I went to 20mg after 1 month.

So 3 weeks is still early days yet I think!

Do you feel any better 15 weeks in? I can notice a huge difference. From not being able to walk into a huge Tesco's, i don't even think twice about doing it now!

Mojo61
29-07-16, 07:46
Oh there's definitely been some improvement just not as much as I was expecting. My anxiety has never been situational, I can drive and go to crowded places no problem and I've never had panic attacks. Mine is physical - I feel jittery and sick all the time, can't sleep, no appetite, brain fog, feeling "weird" all the time etc. This hasn't really gone away much at all, and some symptoms like the nausea and bad sleep have actually got a bit worse I think. I was expecting better results tbh :weep:

karenp
30-07-16, 07:10
it does all even out in time....I need to back on this but have a terrible start upon it but then I am perfect eventually!!!!! xxx

samm11uk
30-07-16, 08:14
Patience is my biggest downfall. Constantly checking how I feel and if I am making progress. I need to learn to just let myself heal over time. There will be good and bad days and over time the good will outnumber the bad. My trouble is I want it now!!!