PDA

View Full Version : Lump in mouth

BrokenGirl
24-07-16, 23:22
I'm so worried about oral cancer lately, it's driving me insane. It goes from one part of my mouth to another. My biggest worry is I think I can feel some sort of a lump on the inside of my lower lip down near the gum. Has anyone else had anything like this? I seem to be able to feel similar type lumps (if that's what you call them) in that whole area of my mouth, but this one is much bigger. Is it possible it is just an enlarged salivary gland as I believe we have them in that part of our mouth? I could really do with some encouraging words here :weep:

BrokenGirl
25-07-16, 14:58
Does anybody at all know anything about this? I'm so scared now, don't know what to do.....

blackbroom
25-07-16, 15:30
Could it be an ulcer? I often get ulcers in that place and they clear up after a few days. Or just the natural shape of your gum? Or, yes, a salivary gland.

If this lump is new and you've been worried about oral cancer for some time and have had false alarms about other areas of your mouth, unless you have a family history of oral cancer, it would be a very strange coincidence if you actually turned out to have the exact type of cancer that you've been worrying about.

If you're really worried, see the doctor, rather than living with the anxiety, but I think it is much more likely to be something minor.