PDA

View Full Version : Dizziness, blood pressure fluctuations

beadbabe
20-03-07, 14:10
Can anxiety cause low blood pressure as well as high blood pressure spikes during panics?

I am feeling dizzy all the time - could it be because I have started taking atenolol for ectopics (only 25mg though), only in the last few days. Or can anxiety make your blood pressure go down. Sometimes my pulse is under 60. Well, makes a change because without it it was usually nearer 80 - and often more like 100 that during high anxiety. It sounds like I can't have a happy medium, doesn't it?

I had this symptom about a year ago for several months and it went away so I am disappointed it has returned. Investigated for MS because I have a previous incident that showed in could be a possibility but MRI clear. Worth having another scan - like the NHS will agree to that?

Not sure if the atenolol is working for the ectopics yet as they are still really frequent.

I do know that I have sight of blood phobia which can make me faint (always have had that) and if anyone starts taking operations, so any ideas?

I am so fed up - I just want my life back. I love my life and my lovely family - I just want to be able to enjoy everything and look forward to everything without worryin again

RLR
20-03-07, 15:05
If the onset of dizziness coincides with the timeframe you've been taking atenolol, then it could be a factor but you are on a very small dose, so the possibility is there but very small. It's important to separate dizziness as in the true sensation of feeling like the room is spinning around you or that you are tumbling off balance because you feel as though you are spinning or moving, from light-headedness which can make you feel wobbly and tend to make you lean forward or back. Transient vertigo that lasts for a second or two and occurs infrequently throughout the day can be due to anxiety and or stress.

As for worrying, you'll discover that it pays no dividends toward your health, either proactive or reactive, and you can have your life back at any point you choose by changing your perspectives on what warrants concern in life.

You'll be fine.