PDA

View Full Version : How is everyone?

Mojo61
25-07-16, 06:47
Just checking in to see how everyone is doing as it seems pretty quiet on here at the moment. I'm hoping that's a good sign :)

I'm still struggling badly but again I'm hoping that's a sign that the increase is trying to work. I had a shock last night; I was sitting watching TV at about 9pm when my neighbour came rushing over. Her husband, who has terminal lung cancer, was having some kind of seizure and she was panicking like crazy. I lost my own husband to a brain tumour so I knew about seizures and what to do. Poor man was in a dreadful state and I quickly phoned for an ambulance which turned up very quickly. They rushed him off to hospital and she phoned me later to say he'd had another seizure whilst he was there and was waiting for a CT scan. I think the cancer has probably spread to his brain now - dreadful.

I couldn't relax after that so consequently didn't go to bed until about 12.30pm and was awake again at 5am.

Hope you are all well

Gill xxx

MyNameIsTerry
25-07-16, 08:20
Well done for helping her out, Mojo. She must have been in a right state thinking what was potentially happening with his diagnosis.

And that must have been quite a reminder of your past trauma too but you just pushed on through it and helped them out.

It's bound to shake you. I think it would anyone. Take things as they come for the next couple of days because this can unsettle us for a while.

You should be proud of yourself. You didn't run, you didn't fall apart, you dealt with it whilst others were panicking.

Mojo61
25-07-16, 09:00
Thank you Terry. I honestly thought he was dying and I'm sure his wife did too. When I spoke to her late last night Bob was just waiting to go down to CT for a brain scan after having another seizure at the hospital. I'm guessing now he has brain mets because he already has mets in his bones and lymph nodes :weep:

MyNameIsTerry
25-07-16, 09:10
Yes, it does sound bad. With it being in the lymph nodes it can travel anywhere. If it was localised to say the lungs then there would be hope that the seizures could mean something else but that's sounds unlikely.

My GF's mum has terminal lung cancer but her spread was just to both lungs. Maybe this is why they have been having success treating her with chemo?

They might be able to give him something like radiotherapy for the brain but I guess it will only be slowing it down as he sounds in a very bad way with a spread like that.

His wife must be in a right state. Very distressing for you both. :hugs::flowers:

Victory2016
25-07-16, 10:54
Nice job with helping her out! I am sure it was hard for you.

Well I am off to see the new psychiatrist today @ 2pm, so I have a feeling I will be switching meds. I feel better, but its just not as effective as when i took the cit the first time. I am hoping to maybe switch to Zoloft. I have PMDD, so Zoloft is actually prescribed for PMDD. I will let you know the outcome.

Mojo61
25-07-16, 11:04
I've just heard from his wife Margaret. They have found a tumour in his brain and he's going for a more detailed MRI scan now as they think there may be others that aren't visible on the CT. Very sad, the poor man is only in his late 50's..

---------- Post added at 11:04 ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 ----------

Good luck at the psychiatrist today Victory. Please update us when you can xxx

MyNameIsTerry
25-07-16, 11:24
That's very bad news, Mojo.

I think they will know to be preparing for the worst given his already terminal condition. Hopefully they can make it as peaceful as possible for him so he can feel dignified.

It's no age to go. We are here if you need to talk.

Mojo61
25-07-16, 11:41
Thank you Terry. It is very upsetting, I've known them for nearly 20 years now and it breaks my heart to see them going through this.

Victory2016
25-07-16, 11:52
Awww so sorry Mojo!!! You have been through this and know what its like, so i believe you will be able to help/support her as she goes through this. I always find healing when I am able to help/support someone when they are going through a difficult time, especially when you have been through the same life experiences. :hugs:

Becky2785
25-07-16, 20:21
I agree mojo it has gone quiet we've all been on the cit for around the same time now so maybe it's kicking in for us all I still get intrusive thoughts not as bad but still there anxiety it no where near as bad either starting to feel more myself as the days go by still on propananol and still having cbt and still a long way to recovery but think I'm finally on the right path.
I hope ur well and don't let the panic of last night get to you it would me so easier said than done keep going your doing great and so are the rest of us that have been having a hard time

Xx

Andy1718
25-07-16, 22:33
Hang in there. Been on cit 20mg for 8 weeks now 10 in total. Feeling like my old self most days but anxiety stills comes occasionally. With regards to work, meetings, training days with colleagues my anxiety is still there but the true test will be when I go back in September. Feeling tired most days. We will all get there, just keep supporting each other.

Mojo61
26-07-16, 08:26
Thanks Andy. How soon after you increased to 20mg did you notice a difference?

Shazamataz
26-07-16, 08:30
Gosh, what an ordeal!

So sad about your neighbour being so ill. I expect you will bee feeling the effects of the situation which won't help matters.

Sending hugs

Mojo61
26-07-16, 08:40
Thank you Shaz.

Yes, I've noticed that the effects of anything like this don't hit me until a day or so afterwards. Last week I was having my ultrasound scan and was laying on the examination couch literally shaking from head to toe with fear as the sonographer carried out the procedure. At one point I thought I was going to have to ask her to stop as I felt like I was going to be sick. That was on Thursday but it wasn't until the following day that I felt the affects of it all. A bit like delayed shock - horrible!

Before all this started medical procedures didn't bother me at all and I never thought anything bad was wrong like I do now. :weep:

Carnation
26-07-16, 09:23
Anxiety exasperates 'Fear' in everything.

I am the same now. I never even worried about going to the dentist, but when I had to have a tooth out in January, I went in to shock. :scared15: And now I am frightened of almost everything!

Well done for coping with your neighbour. x