PDA

View Full Version : Is a racing / pounding heart really not bad for you?

Gutsy
20-03-07, 14:14
I was just wondering, because mine went on for so long last night and it's starting now again, can this really be not bad for the heart? Thanks guys.

beadbabe
20-03-07, 14:20
Hi there
I have ectopics all the time and sometimes have the fluttery racing feeling and sometimes the very scary pounding racing heartbeat too, and all my tests (and I have had a lot over the last fortnight) are all normal. Apparently it is not dangerous - hard to believe but we have to believe it, right?

For pounding heartbeat if I am home (usually am). I just lie down and try to go floppy as possible and it soon goes away. Last time was last week during my yoga class (how ironic is that). I just lay down and tried to slow down my breathing. Really tried. It soon passed but I was shakey for a few hours after.

Good luck! It's a horrible symptom but if you have anxiety then that's most likely what it is.

jodie
20-03-07, 14:26
hi gusty

have you told your doctor about your heart it is allways best to do that i think ,if they say all is ok then you know it is just anxiety .
i get a fast heart all the time most days but i know now it is cos i am panicy and i just try not to think about it to much i know that is hard but it dose help.

jodie xx