PDA

View Full Version : still getting constant headaches

anx mum
25-07-16, 12:34
can't believe its been four months and im still getting constant severe headaches I've recently been diagnosed as having a rare condition called hericmia contineua. Which needs to be controlled by medication. Been feeling so alone as everyone saying it was in my head. My health anxiety has been sky high its like I've been stuck in a maze and I can't get out. Im just starting to see light at end of tunnel

blondielady
25-07-16, 17:07
I don't know about you but when I do get a diagnosis of something, I feel like it is the first step in finally knowing how to TREAT the problem. I used to have periods where my heart would suddenly race for no reason at all and they told me for 20 years that it was anxiety/stress/caffeine/etc. and that it wasn't harmful (yah, tell that to someone that suddenly has a resting pulse of 175 and it goes on for hours). Turns out I have a common arrhythmia called AVNRT which was finally diagnosed when I went to the ER and a cardiologist examined the EKG. Oh and get this... there's a CURE supposedly, although it involves a relatively minor surgery so of course that kicks my anxiety into high gear thinking about that. So, I still have it, but I know what it is and there is some relief just knowing if it ever bothers me too much I have options.

So I'm sorry to hear you have this problem but glad to hear there is medication to control it. That has got to be better than going through life wondering what the heck is going on and no one understanding.