PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety, racing pulse and A and E

Mrsmuttley85
25-07-16, 14:41
Yesterday as i was led on my sofa my heart rate shot up to 180 bpm. It would slow down and i felt faint. Ive had my share of panic but nothing lile this and i was sweating so much. It had slightly lowered by the time i got there but preceeded to shoot up three more times. They performed an ecg and were happy with results. I discussed with the doctor that i first felt the pulse in my stomach which made me jump up. She felt my stomach and confirmed ghat i have a very strong pulse and asked a senior nurse to feel. She phoned the closest major hospital and they advise i come in as am out patiant for a scan. The thing is i cant make a docs appointment till friday and the duty doctor gave me beta blockers. Im just so scared im going to die any minute. Now i have dtomach pain which im sure is just my panic. Im only 30 and i cant deal with this anxiety any more. Sorry for the rant. I wish they would just tell me if its likely to burst whilst waiting yo be seen.

blackbroom
25-07-16, 15:07
It must be terrifying, but the experts felt it could wait until Friday, the ECG was fine and you're on medication to treat it. If they thought you were going to die any minute or that it is likely to burst, they would have admitted you immediately. Trust me, they would. It sounds like they are being ultra cautious by checking it out.

I know you're probably going to be at peak anxiety until Friday (I would be, too), but try to trust the experts. If it happens again before Friday, you can always go back to A and E or your GP.