PDA

View Full Version : Really scared about bumping my head

rsanchez
25-07-16, 21:01
Yesterday when I was crouched down in my kitchen, I bumped my head hard on the edge of the kitchen counter when I was standing up. The spot was sore and I was feeling out of it, but eventually started feeling better.

I couldn't sleep that well last night, and felt really tired this morning. I then felt the spot where I bumped my head and it still feels sore. I'm just really scared I might have damaged my brain now.

I could really use any feedback! Thanks in advance.

Girl18
25-07-16, 22:26
Last year I was on vacation in the mountains. I slid on a rock and fell and hit my head hard. I had a cut and I was disoriented, as well as bleeding. I went to the hospital and they stapled my head shut. They didn't see any fractures. The skull is extremely tough because it has to protect your brain. You're totally fine and will have a bump or bruise. Did you ice it?

rsanchez
25-07-16, 22:40
I didn't ice it. Honestly, after it happened it only hurt for a little while, and now it only hurts if I touch it. I do have a slight headache besides the pain on the spot where I bumped my head though.

Girl18
25-07-16, 23:00
I didn't ice it. Honestly, after it happened it only hurt for a little while, and now it only hurts if I touch it. I do have a slight headache besides the pain on the spot where I bumped my head though.

You will have some mild pain and I wouldn't be surprised if you have a bump. Don't worry too much about it though

KeeKee
25-07-16, 23:07
Just try to remember how often children bump their heads and it's very rare that any get serious injuries.

Carnation
26-07-16, 00:25
I'm always banging my head.

Only a few months ago I was in a shop and a picture fell on my head.
It felt very sore, in fact so sore that I could not even sleep on one side, but I was fine.
I also ran in to a kitchen cupboard door and that really hurt and that was a coupe of years ago. And when I was about 12, I got hit by a cricket ball and also walked in to a pane of glass.

So, you see a head can take a knock or two. But, it may explain why I am a bit crazy. :D

rsanchez
26-07-16, 00:30
Just try to remember how often children bump their heads and it's very rare that any get serious injuries.

I read that adults are more likely to get injuries from bumping their heads than children. :(