PDA

View Full Version : Everything is wrong / Why won't doctors take me seriously?

casperxo
26-07-16, 01:58
I just want to go to one doctor that takes me seriously. I'm so tired of real, physical issues being passed off as anxiety without a second thought because I'm a 21 year old female.

For example, some of the symptoms that I've been experiencing outside the "normal realm" of my usual anxiety: speech problems, pins and needles throughout my entire body when exercising or hot, feeling like passing out constantly, bradycardia (yes, using an actual heart monitor, not counting myself.), short term memory loss, unable to focus, brain fog.

I even had a long qt interval show up 3 times on my ECG and the doctors didn't mention anything about it. They've said my heart is fine on a few separate occasions, but on the reports I get back, I have an arrhythmia. I could be complaining about menstrual cramps and it's anxiety. The last time I went in for the flu, I had a 102 fever and was puking, but they gave me antibiotics for a UTI without even TESTING MY URINE. These are mostly all at separate doctors. I am so sick of this. I don't know what I have to do to get a doctor to take me seriously. Even my therapist told me my anxiety symptoms weren't normal and that I should check with a doctor about them. I'm so afraid that being overlooked for so long is going to wind up with me severely ill or worse.