PDA

View Full Version : Pain in Neck

So
26-07-16, 05:49
2 days ago I woke up with a really bad pain in the base of my skull/top of my neck - it felt like I had slept on it really awkwardly. It really hurts to twist my head to the left. I just woke up about 48 hours later and the pain is even worse now and I am going crazy from panic. I've convinced myself I have a brain tumour or something really wrong with me and I am going to die and I don't know what to do. I just wondered if you guys have had this happen to you before and how long did it last? Because it's so painful and I don't know whether to go to doctors or not. Any advice or reassurance greatly appreciated it's currently 5.30am and I am panicking so much

Gary A
26-07-16, 07:15
Like you said, it felt like you'd slept on it awkwardly. You've probably simply strained a muscle in your neck whilst sleeping in an awkward position. There is absolutely no need to worry about this, it's a very common thing.

Take some over the counter pain relief and apply some heat to the area. Use a hot water bottle or something like that. You'll most likely have the pain for a few days and it'll simply vanish.

Don't worry about this.