PDA

View Full Version : Accountability group?

beatroon
26-07-16, 10:25
Hello everyone,

Would anyone have any interest in starting an online accountability group on here?

Basically how it works is each week, we get together and each agree on a task that we're going to try to achieve this week, and then at the end of the week, we come back and say how we've got on.

The idea is that we get support in achieving tiny goals and perhaps feel more empowered and motivated to achieve them. Tiny goals add up to big changes, and by having an online record you can track your progress over the months. The idea is also that because we are in a group, sometimes other people may have a good idea of things we can try to do to help ourselves which we wouldn't have thought of ourselves.

So for example, my goal for this week is to attend my counselling session tomorrow, which I might otherwise try to wimp out of but I know I have to go in order to feel better!!

When I'm feeling low though, the goal might be far less challenging: simply to get up and shower every other day this week, or just go outside and feel the wind on my face every day for 5 mins.

Anyway, just to say I am rooting for everyone and if anyone feels this idea may be helpful, let me know!

Beatroon